LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great freaking point.

Plus I don't think we drafted him as a high 3rd to sit on the bench (expected couple years to develop). They want this guy on the field. It was a blessing he got some real game experience so now he knows what it's like and what he needed to work on.

TBH, for better or for worse this is kinda the story for Armstead + Thomas and Sanders + Taylor/Hurd/Pettis also.

It's not like Moore, Thomas, Taylor/Hurd/Pettis are all going to pan out or be able to replace the production of Ward/Armstead/Sanders, but you can't say that ShannyLynch haven't been preparing for these transitions.

Exactly.
  • thl408
I thought Moore had a few shaky moments when coming in to make the tackle. Wasn't a strong tackler, but perhaps that can be worked on. As far as ball skills, he was known for that coming out of college. I hope the staff thinks Moore can hold down a safety spot so they don't end up giving Ward a multi year deal.
Originally posted by thl408:
I thought Moore had a few shaky moments when coming in to make the tackle. Wasn't a strong tackler, but perhaps that can be worked on. As far as ball skills, he was known for that coming out of college. I hope the staff thinks Moore can hold down a safety spot so they don't end up giving Ward a multi year deal.

Yeah, his fundamentals on tackling were atrocious. Some bad angles. Hopefully he's learned from that experience. Like with Alexander, his speed can be a blessing and curse. Control.
He had more Ints in the super bowl than ward had all season . I fully expect this guy to step up if Ward decides to go elsewhere.
He has SPEED and hopefully will improve on the technical skills.

IMO, he improved a lot this season from the 1st game to the last and that's a very positive point going forward.
Hoping he can step up for us next season. More interceptions to complement the pass rush would be great.
I'm not sold on him being a starter yet, 1 thing for sure is if Ward is gone he will have to fight vs a rookie for the spot which will be interesting
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

IMO, he improved a lot this season from the 1st game to the last and that's a very positive point going forward.

Originally posted by Sickaa:
He had more Ints in the super bowl than ward had all season . I fully expect this guy to step up if Ward decides to go elsewhere.

Those

Ward stunts Moore's growth...Shanny and Lynch with all that "war" talk
Originally posted by LVJay:

Those

Lol we wouldn't have won as many games as we did if Moore was there instead of Ward. Can't even count how many big time big play tackles Ward made.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
First thing's first, Moore needs to learn how to PLAY the ball !!!

had someone coached him to play this way, that PI would have been an EZ interception in the Super Bowl.

I think we let Ward test FA. They drafted Moore to be the single high - he has the ball skills and the speed. If Moore isn't the answer this year then we move on and maybe we draft a S this year at 31 if a good one falls to hedge. But I don't see investing $7 million a year in Ward with our cap situation and other needs.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Those

Lol we wouldn't have won as many games as we did if Moore was there instead of Ward. Can't even count how many big time big play tackles Ward made.

Very much so. Ward did a decent job last season and I'm sure he would be even better next season assuming he stays healthy.
[ Edited by Sickaa on Feb 20, 2020 at 1:56 PM ]
When Ward got injured, they put in Marcell Harris. That tells me they like Harris more than Moore. Unless T. Moore can show them more in the next TC. If they can't retain Ward, it's most likely Harris' job to lose.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When Ward got injured, they put in Marcell Harris. That tells me they like Harris more than Moore. Unless T. Moore can show them more in the next TC. If they can't retain Ward, it's most likely Harris' job to lose.

The way I look at it, if Ward is not resigned then the top pick will be a S and he will beat Harris and Moore out for the starting position
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Those

Don't forget the pass interference penalty he got in the dying minutes of the Super Bowl where as if he didn't do it, it may have limited KC to a field goal rather then letting them get a 1st and one in goal. Soon after KC were in at it was 20-17.
Share 49ersWebzone