There are 188 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think they need to just leave him at FS at this point.
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
I think Moore is a good player but he might be better suited at cornerback for this system given his height.

I think the team prefers more of a shorter player at the free safety position even though I don't think Ward will hold up from a durability standpoint it gives the team some insight on what to look for in the draft

Discuss...

Moore just needs to work on his angles.
  • thl408
Leave him at FS. Jerking him around is one way to make sure he'll never succeed.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Why would any team prefer a shorter player? lol maybe at RB

Leave Moore alone. Let him develop into a FS. Worst case scenario he is a backup FS his career.

I mean shorter in terms of like maybe the same height as Earl Thomas are Ed Reed both of whom were under 6 feet
Keep him at FS. It's not like Ward is going to last all year anyway.
Nope
From a need standpoint we are looking good right now at corner. Eman had a tough matchup and did very well. I think he is going to be a gamer. For a UDF he has the measurables and I think Sherm likes his work ethic, he's been talking him up. Spoon I think is going to be fine and K Williams has been one of the top rated slot corners in the league thus far. There is still a possibility Verret will be fully healthy when the playoffs come. We need more (Moore) help at safety, and that's what Moore played in college.

The question with Moore will continue to be - does he just need time to work on angles or is he lacking in instincts, which are hard to coach up?
He just needs to fix those bad angles and tackling and hes solid.
Originally posted by thl408:
Leave him at FS. Jerking him around is one way to make sure he'll never succeed.

This!
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Bummed he was pulled. I saw the angle issue as being part of a rookie mistakes (basically), feel and learning on the fly through repetition. Ceiling is very high. It's all mental and that's only learned through playing.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Bummed he was pulled. I saw the angle issue as being part of a rookie mistakes (basically), feel and learning on the fly through repetition. Ceiling is very high. It's all mental and that's only learned through playing.

Ward's injury prone, on a one year deal, and hasn't exactly been all pro at FS. They jerked him around position wise throughout his career as well, so reason to make the same mistake with Moore.

I'd rather let Moore start since I don't see a big drop off. Let the kid learn and see if he can take the spot.

He will get more snaps you know this lol. Until then Ward looked good out there, he usually takes proper angles and is a sound tackler.

Overall I think this will be a position they will try and ungrade/create more competition at in the off season.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He will get more snaps you know this lol. Until then Ward looked good out there, he usually takes proper angles and is a sound tackler.

Overall I think this will be a position they will try and ungrade/create more competition at in the off season.

No issue there. They probably expected to have Colbert, Ward, and Moore in the mix. We will need 2 safeties next year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ward played very well.

The good news, IMO, we have quality guys coming off the bench.
Why isn't this dude starting ??? He's a 3rd round pick ... Ugh
Share 49ersWebzone