LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember 2 plays specifically when he came in at such a horrible angle. One was the Juju touchdown, which could have held them to like a 20ish yard gain but went for a TD and the other was a reverse or something where he took another bad angle which could have resulted in a 4-5 yard loss instead was a 10 yard gain or so. Hopefully they drill him about that over the bye
Originally posted by DJamhour:
I remember 2 plays specifically when he came in at such a horrible angle. One was the Juju touchdown, which could have held them to like a 20ish yard gain but went for a TD and the other was a reverse or something where he took another bad angle which could have resulted in a 4-5 yard loss instead was a 10 yard gain or so. Hopefully they drill him about that over the bye

The reverse you are talking about, I believe he was pushed into the bad angle because I remember watching the replay and the defender got a arm on him.
Wasn't just this game but in 1st game I remember him taking 2 bad angles on run plays towards the line of scrimmage too. Hopefully he will learn as the year goes on.
People have been saying he takes bad angles. I have to agree that he or someone else needs to improve there.
Ward is better than Moore. We need Ward to stay healthy. Moore is a liability
Originally posted by sacniner:
I agree.

+1 (bold)

Originally posted by DJamhour:

The JuJu one was fkn brutal.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Juju made this dude look slow. He is suppose to be fast, but looks uncomfortable and slow out there. Hopefully he gets better and stop killing the defense momentum.

This dude has been the biggest let down for me. i see him taking the worst angles.

i swear anytime this guy tries to lay a hit, he just goes to the ground without making contact.
Yea i'm all for letting the guy learn so I'm not out on the guy yet but at some point we have to get serious about investing in some quality safeties. Pass rush isn't gonna always get home and these guys need to hold up. With Spoon down we will need a safety to be able to help over the top with Mosley or JV. Gonna see what type of range he really has. s**t Ward is the master of blown coverages. He isn't the answer either.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea i'm all for letting the guy learn so I'm not out on the guy yet but at some point we have to get serious about investing in some quality safeties. Pass rush isn't gonna always get home and these guys need to hold up. With Spoon down we will need a safety to be able to help over the top with Mosley or JV. Gonna see what type of range he really has. s**t Ward is the master of blown coverages. He isn't the answer either.

i agree, would have been nice if we could have pulled for Minkah for less than a 1st.
I think Moore is a good player but he might be better suited at cornerback for this system given his height.

I think the team prefers more of a shorter player at the free safety position even though I don't think Ward will hold up from a durability standpoint it gives the team some insight on what to look for in the draft

Discuss...
Why would any team prefer a shorter player? lol maybe at RB

Leave Moore alone. Let him develop into a FS. Worst case scenario he is a backup FS his career.
Share 49ersWebzone