There are 121 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Still room for improvement. Glad the pass rush came through here. Could've been a huge play for Tampa.
He's done pretty well these first two games but has to tighten it up back there as the last line of defense. Ross got him twice I believe on catches over the middle after Moore took bad angles.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
He's done pretty well these first two games but has to tighten it up back there as the last line of defense. Ross got him twice I believe on catches over the middle after Moore took bad angles.

This, plus this guy definitely isn't a hard hitter or a for sure tackler.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Wasn't even bad angles. His eyes deceived him and he went into bad positions.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
This, plus this guy definitely isn't a hard hitter or a for sure tackler.

The tackle for the 3rd down stop at the sticks was pretty strong. Does need to work on consistency though.
Still learning the game. What I expected, hopefully he gets better as the season goes on because we have playoff expectations now imo.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Still learning the game. What I expected, hopefully he gets better as the season goes on because we have playoff expectations now imo.

Best thing about the last 2 games is we haven't heard his name which to me he's going a good job, no penalties, no getting beat, arrow is pointing up with this kid
This kid is balling so hard right now. Such great speed and range at FS, finally. No way Ward will or should get his job back. No way!
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
This kid is balling so hard right now. Such great speed and range at FS, finally. No way Ward will or should get his job back. No way!

He's been doing good...I wouldn't say balling. imagine if he had his whole rookie season to actually play S instead of trying to learn a whole new position

Rookie season was a lost season for this kid...that's pretty annoying and it was always obvious he's a FS and not a CB.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's been doing good...I wouldn't say balling. imagine if he had his whole rookie season to actually play S instead of trying to learn a whole new position

Rookie season was a lost season for this kid...that's pretty annoying and it was always obvious he's a FS and not a CB.

Yeah definitely not balling but that's good because it means there is a lot of room for improvement.

He needs to clean up some of his angles and wrap up with his tackles. Secondary has been playing well and not all of it has been due to the pass rush. I think the coaching change was definitely a good one.

Hopefully we keep it up as we start going up against much better QBs than Winston/Dalton.

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah definitely not balling but that's good because it means there is a lot of room for improvement.

He needs to clean up some of his angles and wrap up with his tackles. Secondary has been playing well and not all of it has been due to the pass rush. I think the coaching change was definitely a good one.

Hopefully we keep it up as we start going up against much better QBs than Winston/Dalton.

This.
The coverage is there, just inconsistency in taking the appropriate angle in the open field. He takes the right angle when he's bearing down on runners in the flat, in cuts, out cuts, or anywhere along the LOS. But man, he can't be overrunning players to miss tackles downfield. At that point, he needs to understand his role to contain that guy at all costs. Conservative angle to make the stop instead of going full speed for a big hit.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The coverage is there, just inconsistency in taking the appropriate angle in the open field. He takes the right angle when he's bearing down on runners in the flat, in cuts, out cuts, or anywhere along the LOS. But man, he can't be overrunning players to miss tackles downfield. At that point, he needs to understand his role to contain that guy at all costs. Conservative angle to make the stop instead of going full speed for a big hit.

Yeah especially Vs the fastest player in the NFL which I imagine is hard to get the proper angle on but it's still a concern.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This guy looked like 💩 today.
Can't take bad angles. That TD should've never happened.
Share 49erswebzone