There are 181 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by elguapo:
Still wanted earl Thomas so bad dammit. With him the Niners d doesn't have a weakness. Most teams don't have a good 2nd cb anyway if we are assuming it's spoon over Verrett. At least Moore is capable of making plays. Ward has never been solid even. He got what? 1 int that bears game where bowman told him what play was coming, also he recovered a fumble in the field of play (a lucky play too).

So ward isn't even a playmaker when healthy so I have never seen such free passes. He must be the best practice player in the history of the Niners franchise.
Earl has been injury prone the last two seasons and with the niners luck he would be like LB Smith.

Originally posted by SanFranDan21:
I am actually excited this year to see what Moore can do at FS. This is his natural position. I hate it when coaches try to change a player's position, especially right out of college while still trying to adjust to the pace of the NFL. Makes zero sense. You end up wasting a year of development I feel. Look what happened to S.Thomas. Coach tried to move him outside which is not at all his skill set. Now that we have Bosa and Ford, Thomas can play inside, his natural spot. And with defenses focused in on Bosa, Ford, Buckner, they will be just putting !:! with Thomas. I bet he finally has a breakout year!!

Although I feel similarly, in the long game, it may make Moore a better player. He understands more what the CB must do now and what might go thru head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH3c4lVOODQ
Originally posted by WildBill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH3c4lVOODQ

Nice watch. Glad he feels comfortable back there waiting to see how much he improves & plays this season
Great play at the goal line. shoulda caught it but still hell of a break-up that kinda won us the game.
Jimmy Ward is not gonna get the starting role back.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by littleken:

Hopefully
Moore should have locked the safety position with his play today.
Lol. You clearly haven't been watching this team close enough. Every year we say Jimmy is gone. Every year he makes it back.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Sep 8, 2019 at 5:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Lol. You clearly haven't been watching this team close enough. Every year we say Jimmy is gone. Every year he makes it back.

herpes of the 49ers organization
Big play on 4th down but he needs to wrap the fuk up. Thought he was sloppy in his tackling but need to rewatch.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Pass coverage is good but his tackling is terrible
Played really well. Looks like a natural FS which he should have been as a rook...don't get me started

s**t i wouldn't bet on that. They seem to love him. Maybe if Moore made that a pick 6
Imagine if he brought that back 100 yards
If he can build on this game and establish himself as the starting safety that would be huge to not have to address this position early in next years draft.
Share 49erswebzone