LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Colbert played well at FS for a stretch of games... Something Ward has never done.

Who is on fantasy island again?

Ward once played well for an entire season at Nickel CB.
There's plenty of reason to believe he won't be healthy. But there's no reason to believe he won't play reasonably well if/when he is healthy.
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Colbert played well at FS for a stretch of games... Something Ward has never done.

Who is on fantasy island again?

Ward once played well for an entire season at Nickel CB.
There's plenty of reason to believe he won't be healthy. But there's no reason to believe he won't play reasonably well if/when he is healthy.

Yeah that's my point. He played decent for one season at nickel. Hes never played we'll for any stretch at FS.

So the only fantasy world is assuming he would play well there because he hasn't yet while Colbert has for even a few stretch of games.
If Moore is going to be the future at FS then he may as well get as many snaps as possible.
Originally posted by walker807:
If Moore is going to be the future at FS then he may as well get as many snaps as possible.

This, and if he can't get the job done, i want to know sooner rather than later.
Still wanted earl Thomas so bad dammit. With him the Niners d doesn't have a weakness. Most teams don't have a good 2nd cb anyway if we are assuming it's spoon over Verrett. At least Moore is capable of making plays. Ward has never been solid even. He got what? 1 int that bears game where bowman told him what play was coming, also he recovered a fumble in the field of play (a lucky play too).

So ward isn't even a playmaker when healthy so I have never seen such free passes. He must be the best practice player in the history of the Niners franchise.
I am actually excited this year to see what Moore can do at FS. This is his natural position. I hate it when coaches try to change a player's position, especially right out of college while still trying to adjust to the pace of the NFL. Makes zero sense. You end up wasting a year of development I feel. Look what happened to S.Thomas. Coach tried to move him outside which is not at all his skill set. Now that we have Bosa and Ford, Thomas can play inside, his natural spot. And with defenses focused in on Bosa, Ford, Buckner, they will be just putting !:! with Thomas. I bet he finally has a breakout year!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
With Ward out - this is Moore's chance to take that FS spot from Ward.
Originally posted by mayo49:
With Ward out - this is Moore's chance to take that FS spot from Ward.

Yes, he needs to take advantage of this break.

Will he be starting with tartt?
Originally posted by alwayssecond:

Yes.

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by alwayssecond:

Yes.

Originally posted by SanFranDan21:
I am actually excited this year to see what Moore can do at FS. This is his natural position. I hate it when coaches try to change a player's position, especially right out of college while still trying to adjust to the pace of the NFL. Makes zero sense. You end up wasting a year of development I feel. Look what happened to S.Thomas. Coach tried to move him outside which is not at all his skill set. Now that we have Bosa and Ford, Thomas can play inside, his natural spot. And with defenses focused in on Bosa, Ford, Buckner, they will be just putting !:! with Thomas. I bet he finally has a breakout year!!

To play devil's advocate, his draft value was based on his potential at CB. So, he may not have been that valuable at his natural FS position.
That said, he made the roster now, so we'll see what he can do. I think the tone will be set by the DL, so hopefully Moore can capitalize on the mistakes and chaos caused by the front four.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by SanFranDan21:

To play devil's advocate, his draft value was based on his potential at CB. So, he may not have been that valuable at his natural FS position.
That said, he made the roster now, so we'll see what he can do. I think the tone will be set by the DL, so hopefully Moore can capitalize on the mistakes and chaos caused by the front four.

I just got done looking that one up. Projected as the 4th best FS, the 10th best corner. So natch we stuck him at corner.
Lets see what he can do.
next merton hanks?
Share 49ersWebzone