LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by genus49:
Colbert was pretty much handed the starting FS spot on the silver platter last year and was a huge disappointment. Moore had to fight tooth and claw for his chance at FS this year and probably only got it after everything due to Ward getting hurt(shocking development)

Hopefully in this case Moore steps up and doesn't let the starting spot go for many years.

Let's not change history... Colbert played well enough the year before to be handed the starting job. He looked like Goldson (at his best) but with better speed.

I'm still hoping Ward gets waived and we bring back Colbert. I thought he didn't play well but he didn't deserve all the blame he got.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Colbert was pretty much handed the starting FS spot on the silver platter last year and was a huge disappointment. Moore had to fight tooth and claw for his chance at FS this year and probably only got it after everything due to Ward getting hurt(shocking development)

Hopefully in this case Moore steps up and doesn't let the starting spot go for many years.

Let's not change history... Colbert played well enough the year before to be handed the starting job. He looked like Goldson (at his best) but with better speed.

I'm still hoping Ward gets waived and we bring back Colbert. I thought he didn't play well but he didn't deserve all the blame he got.

you crazy, colbert sucked last year. ward isnt getting waived so deal with it
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

You're right. Your high level of analysis "he sucked"... just immidietly refreshed my memory. My bad.

You're right. Your high level of analysis "he sucked"... just immidietly refreshed my memory. My bad.

you actually thought colbert was good? he got out played by moore when he was healthy in TC and preseason. your hatred for ward is the only reason why you would release ward and resign colbert. get real and get off fantasy island
We can't bring back Colbert this year. He reverted to season ending IR, because he was injured when we waived him and he wasn't claimed.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
We can't bring back Colbert this year. He reverted to season ending IR, because he was injured when we waived him and he wasn't claimed.

We can bring him back in week 5, if need be.
you actually thought colbert was good? he got out played by moore when he was healthy in TC and preseason. your hatred for ward is the only reason why you would release ward and resign colbert. get real and get off fantasy island

Colbert played well at FS for a stretch of games... Something Ward has never done.

Who is on fantasy island again?
And yes I do have a well documented irrational hatred for Ward.

It's not irrational lol.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

It's not irrational lol.

Well it is because I'm also Eskimo brothers with Anthony Dixon but I don't hate him lol

Well it is because I'm also Eskimo brothers with Anthony Dixon but I don't hate him lol

For real??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I thought he was released with a injury settlement along with Nick Williams?
  • dj43

At some point, everyone has to deal with the fact the coaching staff has made a value decision based on information us fans don't have.

We saw Colbert flash on certain plays two years ago, but last season he was not good.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I thought he was released with a injury settlement along with Nick Williams?

According to Maiocco three days ago, Colbert was waived, not picked up, so he reverted to our IR (I assume because he was on our Injured/IR list).
Originally posted by illinois9er:

For real??

Yeah
Share 49ersWebzone