LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by T-9ers:
A year playing corner could have only made him a better all around safety.

Disagree. Learning the FS position for a year and mastering it by now would be most ideal. That's not to say he didn't learn anything at all though...
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 17, 2019 at 6:41 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Without the Ward injury, they probably wouldl have never found out about Moore.

Sadly, this may be true. However when Ward eventually gets injured they probably move him back to safety or Coach Woods sees potential in moore as a safety knowing he's 💩 as a corner. Either way I think our coaches have learned their lesson to play each player at their natural position as opposed to experimenting. (Moore, Thomas, AA, D.J. reed)

Meh. You can play everybody at their natural defensive back position. In fact you can have Ronnie Lott and Richard Sherman back there and you'd still have blown coverages and burned defenses because your pass rush is Not to say putting them in their natural position is bad, no. The point is that no matter who you had back there - if you don't have a pass rush, you don't have a pass defense.
I said it the day we moved him (back) to FS, Tavarius Moore will lead the team in INT's (at least 4)
I want to see his continued ascent by getting a legit INT or PBU in a preseason game

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We just fixed one of the 3 missing pieces at DB. We got ourselves a bona fide S. Let's celebrate the fact that the DC finally realized the unfortunate move to CB was a lead balloon, but now, without having to draft some guy at start of rd 3 we got our S. And a good one too. So what if we only had to move him backwards about 5 yards or so. A starter is a starter. Consensus is we screwed up trying to make him into a CB. Time to celebrate.

I was already feeling less stressed because of Moore's progression and how the secondary is looking good in practice, but I feel even more better now that we acquired another veteran presence (better than Mabin at least).

That guy Rollins was a second rou n d pick not too long ago i never seen him play is he any good?

I never heard of him in my life
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I said it the day we moved him (back) to FS, Tavarius Moore will lead the team in INT's (at least 4)

I can dig it.
How about this - we start the guy that can play more than 2 games before getting hurt! lol A little continuity would go a long way to a consistent back-end of the defense.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Disagree. Learning the FS position for a year and mastering it by now would be most ideal. That's not to say he didn't learn anything at all though...

Ya but just think at how many reps he got in practice/games in man to man coverage. Makes him so much more scheme versatile and a few years at cornerback never hurt Ronnie Lott plus they had some guys in front of him last year like Ward and Colbert who they wanted to give a fair shot. And the CB position is just more valuable , so I kinda get why they would have at least tried
[ Edited by T-9ers on Aug 17, 2019 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by HearstFan:
How about this - we start the guy that can play more than 2 games before getting hurt! lol A little continuity would go a long way to a consistent back-end of the defense.

Who would that be. Please tell us because everyone can get hurt.
In the pre game interview Moore told Papa that he thinks he could beat Goodwin in a race. Not sure about that but damn, this team has some serious speed.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
In the pre game interview Moore told Papa that he thinks he could beat Goodwin in a race. Not sure about that but damn, this team has some serious speed.

Moore ran a hand-timed 4.32. I don't think it would be that close. Quise smokes him.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 19, 2019 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

We might fight out how fast he is when he has to cover Tyreek Hill Saturday.
[ Edited by KittleSkittle on Aug 19, 2019 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
We might fight out how fast he is when he has to cover Tyreek Hill Saturday.

Good point
Let's see if all his practice picks can translate to the game
Edit wrong thread
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Aug 19, 2019 at 5:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone