LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i like this moore kid

next offseason we need to get a legit SS
Originally posted by NCommand:
Hard for who? Moore's been out there every day growing and developing. It's Ward who should be earning a chance to start. Period.

no need to give Moore the job now, let him keep grinding even if Saleh knows hes gonna be the guy. Name him the starter after preseason, Saleh is saying the right things
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Hard for who? Moore's been out there every day growing and developing. It's Ward who should be earning a chance to start. Period.

no need to give Moore the job now, let him keep grinding even if Saleh knows hes gonna be the guy. Name him the starter after preseason, Saleh is saying the right things

I think everyone can read the writing on the wall at this point. Ward has barely even set foot on the field finally. Moore has been lighting up practices regularly. Can Ward do anything in two weeks to outplay him? No. All we can do is pray Moore stays healthy. If he does, Ward should have no chance at the starting FS position. He hasn't had reps, he's still working back from injury, and physically he is inferior to every other player battling at FS currently. He has neither the size nor speed of both Moore and Colbert.

You're right about Saleh. No reason to name a starter now. The more Moore is pushed to get up to speed on the defensive assignments, the better off he'll be when Week 1 hits and he's gotta go out and do it when it matters in the W-L column.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 16, 2019 at 11:14 AM ]

agreed
It's going to be funny if Tarvarious Moore turns out to be a quality NFL safety after the slew of complaints during the offseason about not addressing the free safety position lol.
Originally posted by Heroism:
It's going to be funny if Tarvarious Moore turns out to be a quality NFL safety after the slew of complaints during the offseason about not addressing the free safety position lol.

so this! I was always confused why a lot here were dying to take a safety in the 3rd and beyond when the staff really liked Moore, they drafted him last year in the 3rd and hes still developing.

so this! I was always confused why a lot here were dying to take a safety in the 3rd and beyond when the staff really liked Moore, they drafted him last year in the 3rd and hes still developing.

He was still listed at corner at the time of the draft though. Just because they've gotten lucky with Moore apparently developing into a quality safety doesn't make their decision making less suspect. Moore wouldn't even have gotten the chance if Ward hadn't gotten hurt.
  • thl408
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
He was still listed at corner at the time of the draft though. Just because they've gotten lucky with Moore apparently developing into a quality safety doesn't make their decision making less suspect. Moore wouldn't even have gotten the chance if Ward hadn't gotten hurt.

This is my understanding as well. It wasn't until Ward broke his collarbone in OTAs that they put Moore at safety.

At least that kind of crow tastes good

I was one of the people complaining lol but that was right after the draft before they moved Moore to Free Safety, i was also one of the people that said Moore should move back to FS before they moved him. We need offensive linemen now and we're a complete balanced team.

This - for sure.

I do think he'll turn into a quality Safety.

Not to worry.

The complaints will shift to the lack of quality OLine depth - as it should.

They moved Moore to FS because of injuries. So basically they still didn't address the position.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

They moved Moore to FS because of injuries. So basically they still didn't address the position.

Can't wait to have Saleh get Ward back and move Moore back to CB
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Can't wait to have Saleh get Ward back and move Moore back to CB

Yeah would not shock me one bit... Ward must have some dirt on the coaches or something.
Share 49ersWebzone