There are 193 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Saleh said in his presser that Moore is not in the mix to start at safety. According to him, Ward is the starter and Colbert is his backup.

Coaches valued experience and quick recognition more than anything from the safeties. Unfortunately Moore isn't at that level yet. Maybe when Ward is juried again, they will put Moore in as last resort.

I think Colbert just mentally messed up. He needs to get back to instinctively read and react.

No offense, but I haven't seen any film Ward has a clue either. In fact, we have evidence of Ward NOT having a clue called out by Exum and verified by Crocker leaving Witherspoon out to dry. This idea that Ward is this wiley veteran who's always in the right spot is just false no matter where you line him up.

I understand the frustration that oozed out of your post You took my post, mostly about Moore situation, way out of what I intended. I can't defend Ward cause I don't see enough of him either. But the coaches seemed to valued Ward and Colbert's games under their belts experience more than anything right now. I understand it. Every DC is like that. Doesn't mean I like it as a fan.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/03/how-close-is-tarvarius-moore-to-earning-starting-safety-job/?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

Saleh was asked Saturday during his post-practice press conference about Moore's progress since moving to safety after spending last year at cornerback with the 49ers. Saleh said Tuesday that Moore was "by no means even close to being an NFL-ready safety."

That tune changed some Saturday:

"He's getting better... for Tarvarius, he's only been playing the position for a couple weeks, if you think about it, here for our team. He's been a corner. If you take the week or week and a half that he had in OTAs plus the first week here, so he's kind of got to accelerate his learning which is going to be more on him as a player.

"He does not lack the skillset and for him to just continue to get better, be confident in his alignments, where he needs to place his eyes. The instinctual part, you can see it. He gets on course very well. He's got good feel in the backend on when to stay deep and when to cut it short. It's just, he takes really good angles, so he's got a chance to be good. He's just got to continue to get better every day."

It seems like with each day that Jimmie Ward is still out, Moore continues to add to the case being made for him to start Week 1. Yeah, we heard Saleh say he "wasn't anywhere near" that point, but guess what? We've got a month to go. A lot can change in a month. I want to see Moore play so well they have no choice but to start him this season.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 3, 2019 at 7:33 PM ]
hope this guy gets lots of snaps in preseason. Need to see what he can do. Also get more reps at safety.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Saleh said in his presser that Moore is not in the mix to start at safety. According to him, Ward is the starter and Colbert is his backup.

Coaches valued experience and quick recognition more than anything from the safeties. Unfortunately Moore isn't at that level yet. Maybe when Ward is juried again, they will put Moore in as last resort.

I think Colbert just mentally messed up. He needs to get back to instinctively read and react.

No offense, but I haven't seen any film Ward has a clue either. In fact, we have evidence of Ward NOT having a clue called out by Exum and verified by Crocker leaving Witherspoon out to dry. This idea that Ward is this wiley veteran who's always in the right spot is just false no matter where you line him up.

I understand the frustration that oozed out of your post You took my post, mostly about Moore situation, way out of what I intended. I can't defend Ward cause I don't see enough of him either. But the coaches seemed to valued Ward and Colbert's games under their belts experience more than anything right now. I understand it. Every DC is like that. Doesn't mean I like it as a fan.

Gotcha...sorry, just keep hearing podcasts and coaches and fans saying Ward is a "really good player when healthy." Forget the healthy part...when was he great...good...above average when he WAS healthy? LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 3, 2019 at 7:42 PM ]
The fact that our idiot DC says Moore isn't in the mix to start and the trash that is Ward and Colbert are means Moore will be an absolute stud
The thing that is ironic in his "Moore is not ready yet" comment is that he lost a year of getting ready because Saleh continually changes players natural and best positions. Do you think is is all a Saleh decision, or are there others to blame for that? Solomon at Leo for instance
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
The thing that is ironic in his "Moore is not ready yet" comment is that he lost a year of getting ready because Saleh continually changes players natural and best positions. Do you think is is all a Saleh decision, or are there others to blame for that? Solomon at Leo for instance

Zgonia wanted Solomon at LEO, and Jeff Hafley wanted Moore to play safety.

Supposedly.

Which is probably why they were fired. Well, I guess Hafley wasn't fired technically. But probably told to "look for other jobs".
Saleh definitely left the door open for Ward to not be starting. He was asked straight up if Ward would be the starter coming back and the answer was a resounding, "well, we'll see." That's a big positive for the other guys.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 4, 2019 at 12:37 PM ]
Did anyone see one if the sit downs with John Lynch, I think it was nfl network.

They asked about safeties, and he talked about Moore, and only Moore. Isn't that kind of circumstantial evidence that they like him better than the other guys?
Originally posted by highwayone:
Did anyone see one if the sit downs with John Lynch, I think it was nfl network.

They asked about safeties, and he talked about Moore, and only Moore. Isn't that kind of circumstantial evidence that they like him better than the other guys?
Lynch's drafting is being called into question at this point (justifiably) and he drafted Moore in the 3rd round. He needs some of these guys to succeed so I don't think it means much that he's hyping this guy.

• thl408

Maybe it was Hafley who thought, "let's draft a safety and put him at CB (TMoore)", then we draft a CB and put him at safety (Reed). Oh we want to play with violence? Let's draft Witherspoon who many times refused to defend the run in college. And now Hafley's gone.
Originally posted by thl408:

Maybe it was Hafley who thought, "let's draft a safety and put him at CB (TMoore)", then we draft a CB and put him at safety (Reed). Oh we want to play with violence? Let's draft Witherspoon who many times refused to defend the run in college. And now Hafley's gone.

Even though Tim Harris may not make it, I think he's the closest thing to a system fit we've drafted so far. Reed and Witherspoon weren't bad prospects, but neither were the typical fits coming out. If you merged them together, you'd have the player we need -- tenacious, with size and speed. Let's hope that both can step up this year and play well. Spoon seemed so be doing well in practice before the injury.

Let's goooo!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Let's goooo!

Dear God baby Jesus.

Share 49ersWebzone