LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
49er fans always think the grass is greener with new players. Honestly I didn't see much from Moore at CB to say he was an upgrade there and I don't think he has a future at that position.

So hopefully he can come in and compete for the FS job because that's where he should be. I wouldn't not rule out Colbert though, I think a passrush will mask a lot of the issues we've had.
I kinda get why they wanted to try him there...his athletic profile is through the roof as far as a DB goes. CB is vastly more important than S BUT like you said I didn't see much to say he's got a future there.

Basically the same with DJ Reed, he's not a S and if you want these guys to produce and play (kinda have to with our roster) then play them at the position they know and played well at.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
after one yr? stop

If he's a weak link, why not?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
after one yr? stop

Jesus man...he's a 3rd round pick who was brought in as a project basically going through a position change...a position which is one of the toughest to play in the NFL. You want to release him after 1 season...a season where we had chit pass rush up front and weak/injury riddled play at the whole secondary?

The only reason to release guys after 1 year is if they're total off the field scumbags or lazy as hell. If they show they're willing to learn and work hard there is absolutely no reason to release a player after one season, especially when you throw them under the bus in a way.

I don't know if you're trolling at this point but if you're serious then you need to learn how things work in the NFL.
I could be alone but I did see potential in him at CB. Could be because of how rubbish the others were last season. He showed good instincts and has that contact courage. If he moves to Safety permanently that's fine, but if Verrett can't stay healthy and Witherspoon doesn't turn it around, it wouldn't be the worst thing to put him back at CB
after one yr? stop

how the hell do you know if he's the weak link after switching positions, in his rookie season, and only getting like 200 snaps last yr?

horrible take.
Originally posted by genus49:
Jesus man...he's a 3rd round pick who was brought in as a project basically going through a position change...a position which is one of the toughest to play in the NFL. You want to release him after 1 season...a season where we had chit pass rush up front and weak/injury riddled play at the whole secondary?

The only reason to release guys after 1 year is if they're total off the field scumbags or lazy as hell. If they show they're willing to learn and work hard there is absolutely no reason to release a player after one season, especially when you throw them under the bus in a way.

I don't know if you're trolling at this point but if you're serious then you need to learn how things work in the NFL.

trolling without question
how the hell do you know if he's the weak link after switching positions, in his rookie season, and only getting like 200 snaps last yr?

horrible take.

For f**ks sakes. I said IF he is a weak link, when does the team make a decision between keeping better performing players vs highly drafted players.

horrible take.

For f**ks sakes. I said IF he is a weak link, when does the team make a decision between keeping better performing players vs highly drafted players.

Jimmie Ward comes to mind.

Who's a better performing player (DB) that Moore is currently taking up a roster spot for though? Players don't get cut after a season unless like Genus stated they're beating women/getting arrested or pulling a Williams and simply not giving a f**k.

I think you're about two yrs two soon to think he's worth cutting. Horrible take
Hows he been doing in camp?

• thl408
Originally posted by 24karat49er:

He didn't get injured so he's already better than Ward. What a wasted season of development last year trying to learn CB. Sure there are some CB techniques he can use to help him at safety but still a lot of wasted reps and time spent trying to learn CB.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 24karat49er:

He didn't get injured so he's already better than Ward. What a wasted season of development last year trying to learn CB. Sure there are some CB techniques he can use to help him at safety but still a lot of wasted reps and time spent trying to learn CB.
It's all good hes back at his natural position now and he picked up some new skils on the way. He can be a deadly piece to our defense if his play can match his elite talent. If he steps up and becomes that pro bowl calibur safety he can be we're a top 5 D fasho fasho.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
how bad is this speedster doin??
I mean seriously, who is in front of him?

Adrian "Give up 70 yard bombs" Colbert
Jimmie "Hospital" Ward.

He should be taking this job easily.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I mean seriously, who is in front of him?

Adrian "Give up 70 yard bombs" Colbert
Jimmie "Hospital" Ward.

He should be taking this job easily.

I was just going to say that. Adrian Colbert is my dude but it sounds like he took another bad angle as the Eraser today.

They'll automatically give Ward back the job because he exists and Moore should be #2.

Adrian Colbert may not be making this team after so much early promise.
Share 49ersWebzone