There are 151 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Wait, so his film was not 100% flawless??

I'm not suggesting it should be, it looks like a talented guy who needs some work, but they'll be a riot in here if he plays like that in one of our games.

So basically what every scouting report said about him then.

If the scouting report said "not ready to contribute ", then I guess.

It basically did IIRC. He has first round pick measurables. The only reason he was a third was due to being extremely raw. If he wasnt a 4.30 guy and over 6 foot he probably goes undrafted.

Well seeing as how they said he was raw, yeah I'm sure he wasn't expected to contribute off the bat. Got 2 starts, 2 PD and 1 FF out of him , so I guess he was able to contribute a little
Either way I'm not going to fixate on one bit of game film against Florida state and use that as my gauge as to how he will perform going forward.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 30, 2019 at 8:04 AM ]
Originally posted by walker807:
It basically did IIRC. He has first round pick measurables. The only reason he was a third was due to being extremely raw. If he wasnt a 4.30 guy and over 6 foot he probably goes undrafted.

That's old film , he could be a better player now, but just because coaches or media say something , doesn't necessarily mean I buy it. We need help at safety, the move makes sense, but does that also means maybe they've given up on him at corner, because cb definitely has more value. As long as he's good at one of them .
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 30, 2019 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by walker807:

That's old film , he could be a better player now, but just because coaches or media say something , doesn't necessarily mean I buy it. We need help at safety, the move makes sense, but does that also means maybe they've given up on him at corner, because cb definitely has more value. As long as he's good at one of them .

Very true
f**k yeah
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think it's a good idea to move him back to safety(and keep him there), especially since the Niners are moving into more 2-high coverages.

Where'd you see this?

Sounds like they want all their safeties to be interchangeable

Interchangeable doesn't necessarily mean a switch to 2-high. And it also doesn't mean the current personnel can do it. Lol
What a concept, play a guy at his natural position instead of forcing a round peg into a square hole?

Did Mr. Clean come up with this on his own, or did he get a tip from Jimmy Tomsula?
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on May 30, 2019 at 10:15 AM ]

Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
What a concept, play a guy at his natural position instead of forcing a round peg into a square hole?

Did Mr. Clean come up with this on his own, or did he get a tip from Jimmy Tomsula?

Saleh still has Thomas to eff with.
Originally posted by OsBoogie:

It's the only time injuries to Jimmy Ward is actually good
Interchangeable doesn't necessarily mean a switch to 2-high. And it also doesn't mean the current personnel can do it. Lol

Joe woods talked about it...look it up, they also used more of it towards the end of last yr
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by OsBoogie:

It's the only time injuries to Jimmy Ward is actually good

That's certainly true. Then again, we have Dontae Johnson backing up Richard Sherman now too.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM ]

it means that both safeties can play both roles. Still single high and 1 in the box. Just that the offense may not know who pre-snap.
Share 49erswebzone