There are 254 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'd love to see Moore back at FS where he belongs, and Reed at CB/KR.

So much this!! Reed is/was a damn good CB

Hell yea ive been waiting for them to make this move finally cooking with oil. He's gonna beat out Colbert fasho and earn his spot as a starter. Thats why we drafted him in the 3rd round. I hope he does his s**t they say hes an "elite athlete" lets hope he can become an elite free safety too that will make our D top 5 especially if witherspoon is playing like his 2017 self.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 29, 2019 at 3:57 PM ]

Moving players around and mixing them is a lot like taking a really fine wine (Like i mean real fine $100- $150/btl) and mixing it with a lesser wine so the end result is the lesser wine isn't so bad. Ok, TRUE. What you have just done, however , is take a superb wine and turned it into mediocre wine and you end up with a less shiddy wine, plus a mediocre wine.

Had you let the fine wine be a stand alone, you would have a remarkable , superb wine ...and then you would also have a crappy one. Well that is Moore. He is a stand alone superb S, or certainly was in college. Has 4.32 speed. Superb athlete. Leave him at S as AB says, and then if you have a really crappy choice at CB, so be it. Just don' t ruin the fine wine, or S, to make two players just half bad.

In the wine making bizness, which i just recently left behind after 20 yrs in it,, we frequently saw a crappy vineyard with its crappy wine, buy grapes from Napa at $5500/ton , mix them with their crappy grapes....and wah la...they had no one spectacular wine, but ended up with two crummy ones.

Funny how well that tracks here.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 29, 2019 at 4:09 PM ]
Kid is back at S. Lets see what this kid is made out of.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

He was a quarters safety in college so if he's going to play single high, it'll be a bit of a transition. Not as drastic as going from safety to cornerback, but adjusting to being in so much space as single high could have some growing pains.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Moving players around and mixing them is a lot like taking a really fine wine (Like i mean real fine $100- $150/btl) and mixing it with a lesser wine so the end result is the lesser wine isn't so bad. Ok, TRUE. What you have just done, however , is take a superb wine and turned it into mediocre wine and you end up with a less shiddy wine, plus a mediocre wine.

Had you let the fine wine be a stand alone, you would have a remarkable , superb wine ...and then you would also have a crappy one. Well that is Moore. He is a stand alone superb S, or certainly was in college. Has 4.32 speed. Superb athlete. Leave him at S as AB says, and then if you have a really crappy choice at CB, so be it. Just don' t ruin the fine wine, or S, to make two players just half bad.

In the wine making bizness, which i just recently left behind after 20 yrs in it,, we frequently saw a crappy vineyard with its crappy wine, buy grapes from Napa at $5500/ton , mix them with their crappy grapes....and wah la...they had no one spectacular wine, but ended up with two crummy ones.

Well its not too late. He just played corner last year which is a different position but not too different from safety thats why they call him a "defensive back" its not like they moved him to edge rusher or wide receiver or some other crazy s**t like that. He stayed in the secondary now hes going back to his natural position hopefully he dont miss a beat and he'll have the corner experience too which aint a bad thing. Hes in his rightful position now though. Lets see him shine hes gonna earn that starting job.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 29, 2019 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Maybe for the 49ers, those Napa grapes have a long injury history, which makes it harder to successfully mix with the mediocre grapes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Kid is back at S. Lets see what this kid is made out of.

He needs to stay there permanently.
I think it's a good idea to move him back to safety(and keep him there), especially since the Niners are moving into more 2-high coverages.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think it's a good idea to move him back to safety(and keep him there), especially since the Niners are moving into more 2-high coverages.

Where'd you see this?
Hope they keep him at FS 🙏

Originally posted by Furlow:

Where'd you see this?

Sounds like they want all their safeties to be interchangeable

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Furlow:

Where'd you see this?

Sounds like they want all their safeties to be interchangeable

Yup. And for good measure, both Tartt and Harris ran with the 1's to start. Thr reliance on needing a dominant single high FS may be over. IIRC, they were running more 2 deep shells after the bye week too. Then they added Woods shortly after that. I think Kyle is sick of cover 3. LOL
That Florida State film isn't exactly the best safety play I've seen. Hopefully this move is sincere and not just an excuse because he can't cover.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
That Florida State film isn't exactly the best safety play I've seen. Hopefully this move is sincere and not just an excuse because he can't cover.

Wait, so his film was not 100% flawless??
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Wait, so his film was not 100% flawless??

I'm not suggesting it should be, it looks like a talented guy who needs some work, but they'll be a riot in here if he plays like that in one of our games.
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 30, 2019 at 7:44 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone