There are 129 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Lynch was a safety i think hes smart enough to know to play Moore where hes supposed to play. Especially after not addressing the position this offseason.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 18, 2019 at 9:29 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
put this kid back at his natural position and let's goooo!

But...

"It's not the easiest to go find a safety who can beat out a guy like Jimmie Ward." ~ Kyle Shanahan

Look at the PFF ratings. He;s a S. One question,. Was this switching of Solly to Outside and Moore to CB from S....was that Saleh that did that ...or was that JL./kyle. Whoever, i do hope that Woods and kocurek have their options as to who plays where, and would hope they play guys who are S at S. And other guys who are DTs at DT and not at DE. I am assuming this is woods and kocureks' choice, no?

The moving of players from one position where they excel to another where they don't,...it is time for that to end. Whoever's idea that was, we have proven it doesn't work. So. Let the position ooaches decide who plays best where.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

But...

"It's not the easiest to go find a safety who can beat out a guy like Jimmie Ward." ~ Kyle Shanahan

Look at the PFF ratings. He;s a S. One question,. Was this switching of Solly to Outside and Moore to CB from S....was that Saleh that did that ...or was that JL./kyle. Whoever, i do hope that Woods and kocurek have their options as to who plays where, and would hope they play guys who are S at S. And other guys who are DTs at DT and not at DE. I am assuming this is woods and kocureks' choice, no?

The moving of players from one position where they excel to another where they don't,...it is time for that to end. Whoever's idea that was, we have proven it doesn't work. So. Let the position ooaches decide who plays best where.

Exactly. I hope they put the players in their correct positions in this puzzle. This s**t gots to stop all this playing out of position s**t.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 18, 2019 at 10:31 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for T-9ers.
Even if he is eventually moved back to safety, a couple years in the wringer at cb can only make him a more complete player. And this pff stuff, do nfl teams take them serious?
[ Edited by T-9ers on May 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM ]

I didn't like the idea of drafting a college safety to play cb in the nfl but it's silly to compare a college safety pff score to a NFL CB pff score.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

I didn't like the idea of drafting a college safety to play cb in the nfl but it's silly to compare a college safety pff score to a NFL CB pff score.

They should move him back we got other players who can play corner but we're thin at safety.
Look at the PFF ratings. He;s a S.

You can't compare college stats and ratings to NFL stats and ratings. The two are nothing alike. Sutton Smith had 22 sacks and one of the highest edge rusher scores in college football. He was a 6th round pick. Its highly unlikely that his NFL performance will match his college performance, even at edge.

It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that Moore didn't blow up right out of the gates after having switched to CB. There's also no guarantee that he would have done any better at safety.

The main issue is that evaluating a secondary when you have no pass rush is tough so it'll be interesting to see what, if any improvement Moore makes this year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Look at the PFF ratings. He;s a S.

You can't compare college stats and ratings to NFL stats and ratings. The two are nothing alike. Sutton Smith had 22 sacks and one of the highest edge rusher scores in college football. He was a 6th round pick. Its highly unlikely that his NFL performance will match his college performance, even at edge.

It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that Moore didn't blow up right out of the gates after having switched to CB. There's also no guarantee that he would have done any better at safety.

The main issue is that evaluating a secondary when you have no pass rush is tough so it'll be interesting to see what, if any improvement Moore makes this year.

Granted, and i stand corrected. PFF is neither the arbiter nor final word in all things football. I have said so myself a number of times, and unwisley here i use them to make my point. But PFF does show that T.Moore (who I never saw play, until reviewing his clips on Utube) had a very good final yr in college where he played S. It also shows his first yr here in the NFL, he played poorly as a CB in 2018.

While it proves nothing, it does suggest that he played much better at S in college than he did at CB in NFL. So where stats prove nothing on different platforms(College vs NFL), it does suggest that Moore played better in college at S than he did at CB in NFL. PFF direct comparisons PROVE nothing. But it is an indicator that he played better at S than at corner....altho that is akin to saying an orange is sweeter than an apple,...ie , it is an apples and oranges comparison.

Finally if you put his play at S and CB to the eye test, no one would say he played great at CB..altho he did have a few flashes. And most would say he played well at S in college. But i agree, comparing the two, particularly when he had no passrush in NFL , makes any direct comparison not very helpful.

Your point is well taken , PHX.
Time for this guy to move back to safety?
Please put him at safety now. Anyone thinking Ward was the answer was fooling themselves.

Yea we need him to be our answer.
LET'S DO THIS TAV!

SWITCH OFF ON BOTH POSITIONS .

THROW IT DOWN, YOUNG MAN, THROW IT DOWN!
Maybe a blessing in disguise... Ward's injury may prompt our FO to switch him back.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Maybe a blessing in disguise... Ward's injury may prompt our FO to switch him back.

I was thinkin the same thing then when Ward comes back let him be a back up. His bones aint strong enough for starting duties. They aid Ward should be back before camp if not just put him on IR he might come in handy late in the season. You never know wat other injuries we're gonna have. It aint lookin good so far i hope it gets better.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 23, 2019 at 9:08 PM ]
I'm glad this kid is going to be playing some free safety.
Share 49erswebzone