There are 161 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Since we drafted him to play at positions he didn't play in college, then trying to switch em.. Lets see how he does at field goulds.
Originally posted by 9moon:
THE KID is an EXPERIMENT... whatever position he ends up playing will be a bonus.

you don't draft experiments in the 3rd rd...you don't move a kid from his natural position (that he played well at) to learn a whole new positon. UNLESS you're totally fine with taking the long-term route which takes TIME.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Really smart to draft a natural safety and put him at corner...I can see a playoff team making a move like this but Niners are rebuilding...

It use to be commonplace to draft a college safety and switch to corner in the nfl:
Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Don Griffin and Tim McKyer? were all safeties in college

This.

We're a borderline playoff team now...
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Really smart to draft a natural safety and put him at corner...I can see a playoff team making a move like this but Niners are rebuilding...

It use to be commonplace to draft a college safety and switch to corner in the nfl:
Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Don Griffin and Tim McKyer? were all safeties in college

This.

We're a borderline playoff team now...

Didn't know about the last 4. Good info if true @ MK.
I think he'd be a better FS for us than Ward or Colbert. He most likely isnt gonna start at corner id rather see him at free safety than have his talents on the bench.
So he is the last piece remaining from the foster trade?
He was a free safety when we drafted him and the CB4 on our depth chart and we need a free safety so wtf????
https://ninernoise.com/2019/04/20/49ers-tarvarius-moore-change-nfl-draft/amp/
Originally posted by 24karat49er:

Just read this...VERY interesting. I wonder if the Niners will give him a look at the position he did well at in college, FS (especially if Ward struggles), or continue to develop him at CB.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Just read this...VERY interesting. I wonder if the Niners will give him a look at the position he did well at in college, FS (especially if Ward struggles), or continue to develop him at CB.

Did u see how they compared him with the other safety prospects from this years draft? Maybe Lynch does have a plan i'd rather have this guy on the field than jimmie ward. He could be the answer.

Did u see how they compared him with the other safety prospects from this years draft? Maybe Lynch does have a plan i'd rather have this guy on the field than jimmie ward. He could be the answer.
HAVE SOME GOT DAMN FAITH.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

HAVE SOME GOT DAMN FAITH.

Im tryin to boy foreal im tryin.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
THE KID is an EXPERIMENT... whatever position he ends up playing will be a bonus.

you don't draft experiments in the 3rd rd...you don't move a kid from his natural position (that he played well at) to learn a whole new positon. UNLESS you're totally fine with taking the long-term route which takes TIME.

This front office has moved many newly drafted players from there "natural position". Very highly drafted I will add.

How should we interpret that?
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on May 18, 2019 at 1:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

This front office has moved many newly drafted players from there "natural position". Very highly drafted I will add.

How should we interpret that?

Let's hope they can come to their senses. We have what appears to be a very good free safety in college playing/learning to play cornerback when we need an upgrade at free safety. I hope Witherspoon shines and Verrett stays healthy then they have to put Moore at his natural position he's the most talented we got.
[ Edited by 24karat49er on May 18, 2019 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

This front office has moved many newly drafted players from there "NATURAL position". VERY highly drafted I will add.

How should we INTERPRET that?

FTFY
Share 49erswebzone