LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Interesting article from the newsfeed about how the team went about researching and selecting Moore. It gives some insight into how the team evaluates its prospects and maybe puts to rest some of the criticisms from the Doom Squad about guys like Kent. The team does its homework on the guys they view as prospects, they don't just go down to the 7-11 and pick up the Sporting News Draft guide and say, oh this guy looks interesting which, oddly enough, is apparently the way some teams used to do it in the early days of the draft if an article I read on the topic years ago is to be believed. Really looking forward to seeing Moore play in the pre-season.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article213614184.html

Is this something new for the 49ers?
I mean, didn't balkkes group have a team evaluating possible draft picks?

I guess I don't understand your comment "this team does it's homework"?
Doesn't every team?

So you don't think Mistakes are/will be made by this front office? Lol
Ok

Some will be hits and others misses.

Example: Kyle pushed hard for joe WILLIAMS. Lynch didn't want to draft him.
WILLIAMS could go either way. Not do well or do well.
But someone like joe, I think they give him more time due to the fact that Kyle pushed so hard for him.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
According to Barrows be looks the part and the arrow is pointing up. The team doesn't expect much from him this season but he may end up surprising folks in training camp and preseason.

I hope they make him a cb
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
According to Barrows be looks the part and the arrow is pointing up. The team doesn't expect much from him this season but he may end up surprising folks in training camp and preseason.

He is going to play CB just incase there's any confusion.
How's he
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he could win the #4 CB job. Which could be a huge upgrade when last year we had Donte Johnson, Asa Jackson and Hall running around.
Been pleasantly surprised with his transition to cb thus far. Can't wait to see him on Thursday
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
How's he

He sucks
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Been pleasantly surprised with his transition to cb thus far. Can't wait to see him on Thursday

Agreed. Excited to see this kid in action
Didn't see him play a ton...but when the ball was thrown his way he looked like he was always in position.

not too shabby for his first game at CB. real upside
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Didn't see him play a ton...but when the ball was thrown his way he looked like he was always in position.

Yeah, would like to see him and McFadden play ahead of Powell and Mabin.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Powell f**king sucked
He's going to be a good player for us. Excited about his future and upside

Even if they are more talented, throwing rookie CBs out there is just mistakes waiting to happen. Let Ward, Mabin, Powell (or another vet FA) split time at CB if Sherman isn't ready to go. Bring McFadden / Moore a long slowly, like we did with Witherspoon, and that will turn out much better.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Even if they are more talented, throwing rookie CBs out there is just mistakes waiting to happen. Let Ward, Mabin, Powell (or another vet FA) split time at CB if Sherman isn't ready to go. Bring McFadden / Moore a long slowly, like we did with Witherspoon, and that will turn out much better.

Agreed. Moore's spot is locked up, McFadden has to show some KB type of ability & flash to make it IMO.
Dang, I wasn't expecting him to be that far in his development. I didn't follow him on every snap, but from what I saw, he looked pretty damn sound in his approach for the most part, especially on that go route he defended. Patient, squeezed, got in phase, and then looked for the ball. 👌🏽
Share 49ersWebzone