LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, heard he's had an INT and some PD's as well. Most are saying he looks far better at S and more comfortable. He wa never noticeable at CB.

Not being noticed at CB is a good thing
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It's almost as if... Players play better when they play the position they are used to playing....

Still remember Nolan trying Justin Smith out at OLB for awhile

That was the worst when they were trying to run that 3-4 and did not have the crucial pieces to run it. Luckily they did have some talented guys so they weren't awful.
It's almost as if... Players play better when they play the position they are used to playing....

Crazy idea, Let players do the things that got them to the nfl. transitions hard enough to the NFL with out having to do something completely different.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

That was the worst when they were trying to run that 3-4 and did not have the crucial pieces to run it. Luckily they did have some talented guys so they weren't awful.

I have always preferred defenses that attack and force mistakes. They may get burned from time to time but they are more fun to watch versus the solid bend but don't break defenses that frustrate the hell out of you at the end of games when they're giving up yardage in chunks. You have to have the athletes to play the attack defense but they can be devastating when they are working. ('85 Bears and recent Seahawks D's.) Guys making plays in college is what attracts the scouts so I agree it doesn't make sense to try and change their style in the NFL.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jun 14, 2019 at 11:00 AM ]

wasn't the cowboy a OLB in Cincinnati?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He was strictly a 4-3 DE from what I recall
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He was strictly a 4-3 DE from what I recall

Defnitely a 4-3 DE. The kind where he should be playing with his hand in the dirt only.
Was just reading Moore had a really strong mini camo. Ran with Marquise Goodwin one on one on one play making a nice play on THE BALL. We may finally have a real FS with BALL skills. I really think this kid can be a really good FS
Pumped to see what he can do at FS
  • thl408
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Was just reading Moore had a really strong mini camo. Ran with Marquise Goodwin one on one on one play making a nice play on THE BALL. We may finally have a real FS with BALL skills. I really think this kid can be a really good FS

I think ball skills was one of his strengths. That and speed. Hopefully we'll see if he has the instincts during preseason.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we move all these people around and then roll out the shock and awe when they do not play well.

I wouldn't doubt that Saleh is contemplating on converting Moore into a hybrid safety-linebacker

You have me thinking of what they did with Eric Reid . Sad thing is Reid handled it very professionally and tried to understand the rationale as well as if he made the move, what his longterm future with the team would be. I have no idea what the see in Tartt. I take that back. I do a little. The speed. But it never has translated into "starter." Not to the degree that we should be okay dropping Reid. And then I'm not buying the his price was too high. One year at 5 million doesn't seem like much considering what they will be giving (and I do mean giving) Jimmie Ward over the the 2018 and 2019 seasons. I hope Moore not only sticks at safety, but that we also have two starting caliber guys (Moore and Colbert) so we could FINALLY give Ward the boot and draft another young safety to begin developing in 2020.

Originally posted by Youngone:
Was hoping this guy could convert to CB but becoming a starting safety would be just as tasty. We will need to invest in the secondary next season. Uncle Sherm is on the verge of becoming Grandpa Sherm

With his improved health and improved pass rush, Sherman should look top notch for the rest of his contract. What will be interesting is what to do beyond 2020. I still say keep him, even if the skills have declined some. You can't just go out and draft or even buy that kind of football intelligence.

If he's healthy, he'll get a good amount of playing time at safety and CB...has a lot of room to grow imo.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we move all these people around and then roll out the shock and awe when they do not play well.

I wouldn't doubt that Saleh is contemplating on converting Moore into a hybrid safety-linebacker

You have me thinking of what they did with Eric Reid . Sad thing is Reid handled it very professionally and tried to understand the rationale as well as if he made the move, what his longterm future with the team would be. I have no idea what the see in Tartt. I take that back. I do a little. The speed. But it never has translated into "starter." Not to the degree that we should be okay dropping Reid. And then I'm not buying the his price was too high. One year at 5 million doesn't seem like much considering what they will be giving (and I do mean giving) Jimmie Ward over the the 2018 and 2019 seasons. I hope Moore not only sticks at safety, but that we also have two starting caliber guys (Moore and Colbert) so we could FINALLY give Ward the boot and draft another young safety to begin developing in 2020.

Originally posted by Youngone:
Was hoping this guy could convert to CB but becoming a starting safety would be just as tasty. We will need to invest in the secondary next season. Uncle Sherm is on the verge of becoming Grandpa Sherm

With his improved health and improved pass rush, Sherman should look top notch for the rest of his contract. What will be interesting is what to do beyond 2020. I still say keep him, even if the skills have declined some. You can't just go out and draft or even buy that kind of football intelligence.

If he's healthy, he'll get a good amount of playing time at safety and CB...has a lot of room to grow imo.
I wish we could have gotten Greedy Williams him and witherspoon would have been long term starters once Sherm retires. Dj reed in the slot With Moore and Marcel Harris as Safetys.

That sickened me.

When he was messing around and put the speedy Manny Lawson at edge LOLB he was beastin.

Then he rips his achilles and game over , man..gets replaced by some guy named Navies.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Me too. Super fast graded out his last year in college as an 86 which is among the top safeties. He will be our starting fs by next year for sure
Share 49ersWebzone