LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Speed and playmaking for days with Pettis, Warner and Moore.

I like what we are doing.

Damn right. People are complaining about this draft because the picks are names that aren't as familiar because of all the pied piper following of amateur closet armchair GMs on this board. The 49ers pay good money to scouts and have a fantastic trio of GM types in Lynch, Peters, and Mayhew. Those three know what they are doing. .
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I like it. Looks like no Eric Reid.

Reid doesn't play FS

Duh. I'm saying think we have enough versatility now at FS/SS that he won't be brought back.

We don't have depth at SS
Looking at his film, he can definitely excel at CB. The way he plays the ball in the air screams Richard Sherman. He also has a similar build to Jalen Ramsey.

I think this guy will be a steal. His versatility to play FS will be very valuable too once Ward gets hurt
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Lynch saying that Moore will be put at CB.

Not exactly.

Yes exactly.

"It no doubt is a projection," Lynch told reporters. "We don't have film of [Moore playing cornerback]. (Defensive backs coach) Jeff Hafley did a tremendous job of showing us whatever tape. There's instances where he's in coverage and I think one of the traits, you've got to be able to run to play corner in this league. He can flat out run. He's got the length and all that.

"We know he can play safety. We're going to give it a go and see. It always helps the flexibility to help shape a roster. And so we're going to play him out there. I can tell you that if you're going to play safety, the best thing you can do is go play corner.

Yes exactly.

"It no doubt is a projection," Lynch told reporters. "We don't have film of [Moore playing cornerback]. (Defensive backs coach) Jeff Hafley did a tremendous job of showing us whatever tape. There's instances where he's in coverage and I think one of the traits, you've got to be able to run to play corner in this league. He can flat out run. He's got the length and all that.

"We know he can play safety. We're going to give it a go and see. It always helps the flexibility to help shape a roster. And so we're going to play him out there. I can tell you that if you're going to play safety, the best thing you can do is go play corner.

Nope not exactly. They are going to give him a try its not a lock he will be a CB.

I'm cool with McGlinchey..
Pettis is fine, not my favorite, but after more film - I'm on board.
Love the Warner pick. Gonna be a beast.
Love the potential on this kid.

Heck yeah for day 2!!
Nope not exactly. They are going to give him a try its not a lock he will be a CB.

so we have a single high safety they want to convert to CB because he has the right measureables and fits the profile for a a CB??? this is a close your eyes and hope for the best draft pick based on what the quant guys in the building are telling you... this is like Balke drafting qb Rasheed Marshall in '05 and trying to make him a WR- fail... this is a desperate and reach type of pick when other guys with proven tape at a position of need could have helped more like Obo or Sweat! just my opinion as always, I hope he works out for the best but I am not hopeful...
  • titan
  • Veteran

That's day 1 CB measurable. If he can successfully convert to CB this is a steal!
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
so we have a single high safety they want to convert to CB because he has the right measureables and fits the profile for a a CB??? this is a close your eyes and hope for the best draft pick based on what the quant guys in the building are telling you... this is like Balke drafting qb Rasheed Marshall in '05 and trying to make him a WR- fail... this is a desperate and reach type of pick when other guys with proven tape at a position of need could have helped more like Obo or Sweat! just my opinion as always, I hope he works out for the best but I am not hopeful...

Seriously mods, this crap is getting ridiculous.

Hey River, Baalke wasn't the GM then. He was our west region scout then. Marshall came from WVU.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I
Lynch saying that Moore will be put at CB.

Not exactly.

Yes exactly.

Yes exactly.

I like it. Put his speed and athleticism at CB and see what happens.

I like it. Looks like no Eric Reid.

Reid doesn't play FS

Duh. I'm saying think we have enough versatility now at FS/SS that he won't be brought back.

We don't have depth at SS

Reid is ready to answer the call and can back up Tartt
Rod Woodson from shutdown corner to safety- success (many other examples of this transition)... Jimmy Ward from ball hawk FS to quality corner mediocre (can't think of one FS going to CB and doing it at a high level)... it is a rare exception that a college FS converts to pro CB and does it well... going from CB to FS is not that difficult of a transition, but the opposite is just damn difficult... I would be fine with this pick as a 7th round flyer, but not in this deep 3rd round... this pick is a gamble/reach at best when considering when we already have 3 good FS on the roster I aint drinkin the Shanlynch Kool Aid on this one... as always just my opinion and I really hope this pick works!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This guy's speed is ridiculous and coaches appreciate his skill set. I am very satisfied with having this guy around...

Sherman won't be %100 in the start of the season, but can still be very useful as mentor.

Secondary depth is an issue (not as much now with TM around).

Injuries gonna happen, can't have enough DBs...Ward might already be hurt from watching the draft unfold (by this pick).

I'll keep an open mind, but this feels blah
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Rod Woodson from shutdown corner to safety- success (many other examples of this transition)... Jimmy Ward from ball hawk FS to quality corner mediocre (can't think of one FS going to CB and doing it at a high level)... it is a rare exception that a college FS converts to pro CB and does it well... going from CB to FS is not that difficult of a transition, but the opposite is just damn difficult... I would be fine with this pick as a 7th round flyer, but not in this deep 3rd round... this pick is a gamble/reach at best when considering when we already have 3 good FS on the roster I aint drinkin the Shanlynch Kool Aid on this one... as always just my opinion and I really hope this pick works!

We have three good FS?
Share 49ersWebzone