LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
put this kid back at his natural position and let's goooo!

If Verrett stays healthy it would be huge. Probably the most important player on defense. It would allow us to try Moore back there.
totally agree

But...

"It's not the easiest to go find a safety who can beat out a guy like Jimmie Ward." ~ Kyle Shanahan
Originally posted by NCommand:
But...

"It's not the easiest to go find a safety who can beat out a guy like Jimmie Ward." ~ Kyle Shanahan

That's the kiss of death when Shanahan says that...
I thought it was strange we drafted a safety and converted him to Corner; then draft a corner and converted him to safety ??? They know more than us tho
It would be nice if Moore can transition back to FS, we will probably need him once Ward+Colbert go down with injuries. I like Harris backing up Tartt at SS, and if Tartt goes down again this year with another injury, I could see Tartt going bye bye after the season.

Really smart to draft a natural safety and put him at corner...I can see a playoff team making a move like this but Niners are rebuilding...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

LOL. That's one way of looking at it.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
THE KID is an EXPERIMENT... whatever position he ends up playing will be a bonus.
We hope its the case.
But...

no worries Jimmie is going to the IR with a broken forearm

• LVJay
  • Veteran

But...

KOD
[ Edited by LVJay on May 12, 2019 at 6:09 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Hopefully he turns out being exceptional at multiple positions in secondary...Woods' utility weapon.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

LOL. That's one way of looking at it.

So then we might just get our wish #ByeWard
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Really smart to draft a natural safety and put him at corner...I can see a playoff team making a move like this but Niners are rebuilding...

It use to be commonplace to draft a college safety and switch to corner in the nfl:
Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright, Don Griffin and Tim McKyer? were all safeties in college
Like everyone, hoping Varret, Ank or our draft pick works out and works out so that Tav can get to the position he was meant to.
Share 49ersWebzone