There are 228 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
6'1", 190. Human missile with ridiculous speed, pretty raw but could figure in either at CB or a S.
49ers selected Southern Miss S Tarvarius Moore with the No. 95 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Moore (6'1/195) spent two years at Southern Miss after transferring from JUCO, logging five interceptions but never earning all-conference recognition and getting no all-star-game or Combine invites. Moore sprung himself onto the NFL scouting map with a 4.32 forty, 38 ½-inch vertical, and 11-foot-1 broad jump at the Golden Eagles' Pro Day. A big-time athlete with ball skills but not a tone-setting imposer, Moore is a late-rising, late-blooming prospect with starting potential at free safety.

Think he will see time at CB as well.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Flies to the ball on underneath routes.

Will sometimes be a step slow to react to routes in his zone.

Can get caught with his eyes in the backfield on play action.

Missed 13 tackles on 116 attempts in his two years at Southern Miss.

Moves well. Can hang with receivers when isolated 1-on-1.

Reads the quarterback and breaks quickly on the ball. Finished with seven pass breakups last season, tied for 7th in the nation among safeties.

Good length allows him to make plays in underneath zones.

Keeps his leverage when playing contain in the run game.

Can get moved at the point of attack against bigger tight ends

Moore had a breakout 2017 season that saw him making plays on the ball from a variety of alignments. He can hang with receivers when isolated and he has the movement skills to make plays on the back end of the defense. Against the run, he's not a hammer, but he plays under control and knows how to prevent big plays on the edge. Moore is one of the underrated safeties in this class and he has a potential fit in multiple schemes.

This screams "Adam Peters pick" to me.
I like it...Welcome T!
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
He will be a CB and be taught by Sherman how to use his size against WRs. He is raw but he is the perfect prospect for a CB in this defensive system. Big enough to bully WRs, fast enough to out run them. Excellent pick.

Our secondary should be much improved with Sherman, Warner's ability to cover at LB and Moore's ability to at worst come in in sub packages as a ball hawking tall speed freak.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Works for me
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Speed and playmaking for days with Pettis, Warner and Moore.

I like what we are doing.

• Andra
  • Veteran
Who?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lynch named 3 scouts but i don't think he named Peters. He credited the scouts for finding him. Said he ran a 4.3 at his pro day. They plan to try him at CB if it doesnt work back to safety

I like the pick
[ Edited by lamontb on Apr 27, 2018 at 8:23 PM ]
CB
Love it! Imo the only 2 things about the draft I'm iffy about so far is the reach for pettis, and no pass rushers yet. Hoping for duke ejiofor tomorrow.
Share 49ersWebzone