LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The biggest thing I took from this draft, is we were looking of high character guys with leadership skills.

MM, Fred warner, DJ Warner are all leaders and will challenge everyone on this team.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
So I guess the emphasis on steed only applies to the offense. I'm good with the pick, but I think Shaquem Griffin would have been a better pick.

Yeah no idea what he's talking about
Love this pick. Maybe best one we made imo
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So I guess the emphasis on steed only applies to the offense. I'm good with the pick, but I think Shaquem Griffin would have been a better pick.

I think he meant speed. Warner didn't test well at the combine. He put up Brock Coyle numbers.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Yeah, I can't count on five fingers the reason why Warner was a better prospect.

What I mean to say is that Warner is armed with more weapons. He's hands down the better prospect.

I see what you did there and admittedly laughed a little
Originally posted by tankle104:
The biggest thing I took from this draft, is we were looking of high character guys with leadership skills.

MM, Fred warner, DJ Reed are all leaders and will challenge everyone on this team.

fixed
Originally posted by flynhayn15:

I think he meant speed. Warner didn't test well at the combine. He put up Brock Coyle numbers.

According to his SPARQ scores he was 10th overall in this class in athletic ability (out of 152 off-ball LBers) and is the the 80.4 percentile among all NFL LBers
I like this pick. A lot of potential if he can fly all over the field.
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

Even the people who did not like our draft, said this was a very good pick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:

Even the people who did not like our draft, said this was a very good pick.

like me,

Originally posted by flynhayn15:

According to his SPARQ scores he was 10th overall in this class in athletic ability (out of 152 off-ball LBers) and is the the 80.4 percentile among all NFL LBers

With the new rules, we need this.
I know everyone is saying he will play MIKE and maybe that will be true initially until Foster comes back. But his true position will end up being WILL.
Originally posted by KyleShanahan:
I know everyone is saying he will play MIKE and maybe that will be true initially until Foster comes back. But his true position will end up being WILL.

Not sure where he will play on base downs but he will definitely be playing in the middle next to Foster or shade over the slot against passing packages when we only have 2 backers on the field.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 30, 2018 at 7:02 AM ]

honestly in our scheme WILL and MIKE are kinda interchangeable.

honestly in our scheme WILL and MIKE are kinda interchangeable.

Shanny literally just said that other day except mike talks more - given his high wonderlick and smart he is likely will be mike.
Share 49ersWebzone