LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NO SOPHOMORE SLUMP, NO SOPHOMORE SLUMP!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by elguapo:
His rookie year was almost as good as fosters and at least he was healthy!!

I'm still bitter at fosters p whipped ass. He cost us about 13 mil a year (minus his salary for the 30th pick whatever that is) bc we would of never got Kwon and with that extra 12 or so million we could of got earl Thomas possibly!!!!

The part that hurt just as bad was that we assumed we had our top LB, not a p-52 type but he was a prodigious hitter, and had terrific nose for the ball. We were set, at least at LB with Reuben and then Warner. And then reality happened and it all was a fake out. The real injury here was it set our entire team back, plus they had to deal with it mentally. Sherm even helped him out. F.O bent over backward. The entire time the guy was just playing us, and what we thot we had in the bag, that savage LB...really wasn't.

I don't know if he set us back a full yr or not. But he set us back. And that, is just as bad as what he was accused of and ultimately found to be. A beater .

Best thing , in an awkward way, was GM learned that if there are red flags you better not discount them. BAsed on what we knew initially, i would have taken REuben in a heartbeat because he was SUCH a great player. But the injury thing, recurring over and over....that was a major league problem also. JL learned his lesson no doubt. And he has been very circumspect since.

In the end it is just amazing how a guy with so much bad....ended up here as the guy to help bring us back to mediocrity . In fact, he did the opposite. He kept us down. And for that...no forgiveness.

The moral of the story was simple .If you see red flags, tread carefully. He was a first rd pick, we moved up for him, so two slots were affected and poof. Sure glad that is now in the rear view mirror..

People like jumping on Lynch for this mistake, but he is very aware of it. When talking about the Kwon Alexander signing, he likes it, but he also stated that wished Foster were there or something along those lines. In other words, he admits his mistake cost the team 4 years/54 million. It definitely set us back in terms of draft capital and FA money that could've been used elsewhere.

I'm sure Lynch and KS are glad the headache is over with. And as for the fans, even if Foster was a choir boy this season, with it being the offseason, would you really trust that everything was going to be fine with Foster until July? Or that he could remain healthy? Every time you come onto the webzone, I started to expect to see in big red letters, "Breaking News: Reuben Foster (insert something crazy)." Every time he made a tackle and got up slow, we'd wonder is he hurt?

I am glad it's over.
Is it me or did Warner put on some muscle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ARwhtSD9RA
[ Edited by eddy99_1999 on Jul 6, 2019 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by elguapo:
His rookie year was almost as good as fosters and at least he was healthy!!

I'm still bitter at fosters p whipped ass. He cost us about 13 mil a year (minus his salary for the 30th pick whatever that is) bc we would of never got Kwon and with that extra 12 or so million we could of got earl Thomas possibly!!!!

The part that hurt just as bad was that we assumed we had our top LB, not a p-52 type but he was a prodigious hitter, and had terrific nose for the ball. We were set, at least at LB with Reuben and then Warner. And then reality happened and it all was a fake out. The real injury here was it set our entire team back, plus they had to deal with it mentally. Sherm even helped him out. F.O bent over backward. The entire time the guy was just playing us, and what we thot we had in the bag, that savage LB...really wasn't.

I don't know if he set us back a full yr or not. But he set us back. And that, is just as bad as what he was accused of and ultimately found to be. A beater .

Best thing , in an awkward way, was GM learned that if there are red flags you better not discount them. BAsed on what we knew initially, i would have taken REuben in a heartbeat because he was SUCH a great player. But the injury thing, recurring over and over....that was a major league problem also. JL learned his lesson no doubt. And he has been very circumspect since.

In the end it is just amazing how a guy with so much bad....ended up here as the guy to help bring us back to mediocrity . In fact, he did the opposite. He kept us down. And for that...no forgiveness.

The moral of the story was simple .If you see red flags, tread carefully. He was a first rd pick, we moved up for him, so two slots were affected and poof. Sure glad that is now in the rear view mirror..

People like jumping on Lynch for this mistake, but he is very aware of it. When talking about the Kwon Alexander signing, he likes it, but he also stated that wished Foster were there or something along those lines. In other words, he admits his mistake cost the team 4 years/54 million. It definitely set us back in terms of draft capital and FA money that could've been used elsewhere.

I'm sure Lynch and KS are glad the headache is over with. And as for the fans, even if Foster was a choir boy this season, with it being the offseason, would you really trust that everything was going to be fine with Foster until July? Or that he could remain healthy? Every time you come onto the webzone, I started to expect to see in big red letters, "Breaking News: Reuben Foster (insert something crazy)." Every time he made a tackle and got up slow, we'd wonder is he hurt?

I am glad it's over.

I agree it set us back financially and we could've probably gotten a good draft pick at 30. At least we weren't going to win anything with Foster last year and now we have a pro bowl linebacker on our defense. So it was a net gain going forward I believe it's going to be great
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
NFL haven't seen an all around 4-3 LB since some guy name Junior Say Owwwwww !!!!!
My son Freddy is looking jacked.

Originally posted by Heroism:
My son Freddy is looking jacked.

Ya he looks awesome. Got ourselves a special player in Warner
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I love how Lynch was immediately criticized for this pick. I remember Larry Kreuger claiming he was nothing more than a special teamer. He had to eat crow on air later.

Yesss, inject all the Fred Warner praise straight into my veins

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 4, 2019 at 11:32 AM ]
3:51

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap3000001038970/Sherman-shares-why-the-pass-rushers-will-make-a-big-impact

Larry Kruger must feel like a real dumbass
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yesss, inject all the Fred Warner praise straight into my veins

• HERN
  • Veteran
With the all the talent added to this D, this is the guy I'm most excited about.

Flying under the radar, but wouldn't be surprised if he made the biggest impact.
I wanted this guy in the second round so happy we got him. He's going to be a top 10 linebacker, I feel he already is. We added three pro bowlers to the defense this year, I don't see us losing more than seven games unless injuries up the ass occur again
Share 49ersWebzone