LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Noticed he was talking a bit of trash tonight.

Nice!
I wonder if Fred Warner is part of the reason all these blown coverages are happening. He is the guy with the green dot.

Almost all of the players in the secondary are the same, and we didn't have these issues last year. Him, Malcom, and Sherman are the only guys that are new in the 2nd and 3rd levels.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I wonder if Fred Warner is part of the reason all these blown coverages are happening. He is the guy with the green dot.

Almost all of the players in the secondary are the same, and we didn't have these issues last year. Him, Malcom, and Sherman are the only guys that are new in the 2nd and 3rd levels.

So you're saying we need Brock Coyle back? Nah dudes in the secondary need to have half a brain when it comes to understanding the scheme.

I put it on some of the players but mostly the DC and if it is warner they should move him (that's on the DC as well).... Even Smith has been messing up s**t and he's suppose to know this scheme.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So you're saying we need Brock Coyle back? Nah dudes in the secondary need to have half a brain when it comes to understanding the scheme.

I put it on some of the players but mostly the DC and if it is warner they should move him (that's on the DC as well).... Even Smith has been messing up s**t and he's suppose to know this scheme.

Well the issue is that most of these brainless guys you speak of were not making this many errors just last season, when they knew the scheme less. So the question becomes what changed? The system didn't change. The players for the most part didn't change.

The person getting people in position play in and play out did though. I'm not saying we should bench Warner by any means. Perhaps foster or tartt should get the dot when they come back.
Well the issue is that most of these brainless guys you speak of were not making this many errors just last season, when they knew the scheme less. So the question becomes what changed? The system didn't change. The players for the most part didn't change.

The person getting people in position play in and play out did though. I'm not saying we should bench Warner by any means. Perhaps foster or tartt should get the dot when they come back.

Foster has said that he hates it, and Tartt is just as dumb as the rest. Even if this is on Warner (and there's no evidence that it is) in a lost season we're better off letting him figure it out.

Kid is here to stay so he may as well learn.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Warner is a solid player he will only get better.

I get your point. Last year didn't Foster have the dot? If he did, maybe they switched it to Warner because Foster not only was suspended early but is alweays coming off the field with injuries.
Originally posted by bud49:
Warner is a solid player he will only get better.

Yes sir.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I get your point. Last year didn't Foster have the dot? If he did, maybe they switched it to Warner because Foster not only was suspended early but is alweays coming off the field with injuries.

Reuben had the dot for one game(vs Dallas). Bowman and Coyle has in every other game.

Sherman scoffed at the question when someone asked if Warner is to blame for all the f**k ups.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 14, 2018 at 7:59 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It seems like a lack of understanding of the system among all players. I believe that blame should be on the coaching staff and especially Saleh.

....and Ward sucks... did I mention Ward sucks?

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Foster has said that he hates it, and Tartt is just as dumb as the rest. Even if this is on Warner (and there's no evidence that it is) in a lost season we're better off letting him figure it out.

Kid is here to stay so he may as well learn.
Tartt has definitely not been a problem. His issue has been health not ability.
Tartt has definitely not been a problem. His issue has been health not ability.

Textbook by Freddy. 1 back, 1 gap. Shoot that motherf**ker when there's daylight.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Textbook by Freddy. 1 back, 1 gap. Shoot that motherf**ker when there's daylight.

Thankful for my son Freddy.

Share 49ersWebzone