LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm a bit iffy on Pettis and Moore, but Warner and McGlinchey I certainly approve of so far.

That's funny, I have the same take.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ugh, i had him going in the 7th round on my board

reach!!!

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ugh, i had him going in the 7th round on my board

reach!!!

Never heard of him until he got picked. Shoulda been UDFA. Total reach.

Funny how if some people haven't heard of a guy that automatically makes him bad.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Hopefully, he'll be able to shadow TEs as well...

You can tell Saleh was really trying to contain himself, but I noticed the excitement by a certain (more shinier than ever) glow on his dome.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Awesome
  • Stud
Originally posted by KyleShanahan:
Solid pick. I live in Utah and have watched him play a lot of ball. This guy will be a solid Will maybe Mike.

I love in Utah too. Ogden area. This guy is a stud.
  • thl408
Got props for being good on the whiteboard. That's Mike material. Put on 5 pounds muscle and go get em. Fred and Foster for the next 6 years.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Awesome

Saleh's hopefully going to be happier tomorrow at least if the 49ers start picking some nice edge rushers. I know I will be happier. Solid draft. They got their guys, and in ShanaLynch I trust. They have the vision to see what they need. I don't.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Hopefully, he'll be able to shadow TEs as well...

You can tell Saleh was really trying to contain himself, but I noticed the excitement by a certain (more shinier than ever) glow on his dome.

He's pretty fast and has a rangy frame with long enough arms. He can cover well. It's one of his strong suits.
Insane football IQ... keys in on plays before the ball is snapped, attacks the ball for turnovers when a guy is stood up, tracks down receivers in zone like a DB and anticipates rather than reacts. Hard not to like the pick.

Possibly my favorite pick so far, although i like the MM pick a whole bunch as well.

Like Pettis a lot as a player, but dont think he filled much of a need for as high as he was picked, and giving up a third. The Player i like however.

Moore is not someone i have/had very high on my radar, so im gong to have to hold off judgment on that pick until further research, My main disappointment with the pick is that its the best we could do at CB in what was IMO a very deep class.

So far the draft gets a B- from me.
Last time we drafted a middle linebacker in the 3rd round it turned out pretty good
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Last time we drafted a middle linebacker in the 3rd round it turned out pretty good

Borland quit lol
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Borland quit lol

s**t I forgot about that quitter. I was talking about Bowman lol
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm a bit iffy on Pettis and Moore, but Warner and McGlinchey I certainly approve of so far.

Would you care to summarize why? I am just looking for someone to change my mind on one of these picks... I feel like we could have got all of these guys plus one if we didn't trade up, and I felt like there were better players on the board..... Pettis looks fast on tape though, but I wish I had accurate combine numbers as if he were healthy

Perhaps I sound more skeptical than I intended, but on Pettis my concern is mainly his frame. I worry about injuries and his overall strength/durability, but in terms of raw talent and football IQ, he has the tools to succeed if he remains healthy and works at his craft. I don't think he winds up like AJ Jenkins, but I also don't think he's going to be a dominant #1 WR in the NFL.

Moore has great straight line speed and should start out well on STs no doubt. Somewhat a concern, he put up a mere 7 reps on the bench at his pro day so he will have to get stronger at the NFL level. Ideally, should add a minimum of 6-10 pounds to that frame. I would like to see what he can do at CB, and if he winds up a contributor at both spots, this is a nice pick.
Share 49ersWebzone