LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Freddy is going to fill at Will just fine for those two games... DC will give him vanilla assignments on 1/2 then he comes off the field in passing situations....

Huh? Defending the pass is his greatest strength. No chance he comes off the field in passing situations. In fact, if he doesn't win the starting job outright, I could see them still finding a way to get him on the field in nickel.

And he's been taking the bulk of his snaps at Mike. It sounds like the organization has had a change of heart and plans to keep Reuben at Will, so Freddy is playing Mike almost exclusively this far.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 17, 2018 at 3:20 PM ]
Originally posted by CenCal9er:

Really looking forward to him pairing up w/Reuban.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Freddy is going to fill at Will just fine for those two games... DC will give him vanilla assignments on 1/2 then he comes off the field in passing situations....

Huh? Defending the pass is his greatest strength. No chance he comes off the field in passing situations. In fact, if he doesn't win the starting job outright, I could see them still finding a way to get him on the field in nickel.

And he's been taking the bulk of his snaps at Mike. It sounds like the organization has had a change of heart and plans to keep Reuben at Will, so Freddy is playing Mike almost exclusively this far.

All of this and with Malcolm being a less-than-ideal fit at Mike, it only gives Warner a better chance of gaining snaps.

Foster and Warner should get the majority of snaps this year. Malcolm will play early in the season, but I expect Warner to take his job by mid-season. Malcolm is better suited for Will and that'll be Foster's spot.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I agree, you think Warner and Smith start with Foster out the 1st 2 games ? Or Coyle does instead of Warner ?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I agree, you think Warner and Smith start with Foster out the 1st 2 games ? Or Coyle does instead of Warner ?

Hope so. Is Coyle even healthy yet?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not a football name. Sounds like a stock dividend pusher in a small financial investment office.

He's Pop Warner's son. Smh.
Not a football name. Sounds like a stock dividend pusher in a small financial investment office.
I remember making fun of Kurt Warners grocery stocking name to my brother who is a huge Rams fan. (He lived in St Louis at the time so it wasn't contagious) Said he sounded like a preppie.
He still asks me if guys named Kurt can't play football.
It will be...

Warned you not to go over the middle...

Same here. It will be interesting to see how long Malcom Smith can hold Warner off when we switch to Nickel.

If there is a silver lining with Foster being suspended, it's that we get to see what this guy can do immediately .
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 20, 2018 at 9:56 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Same here. It will be interesting to see how long Malcom Smith can hold Warner off when we switch to Nickel.

Yeah, that's the real question. With Warner at MIKE and getting to audition there for two games, when Foster returns to WILL, what will Saleh do? Go with the veteran Smith at MIKE or stay with the rookie?
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Depends on TC and preseason.

If he doesn't start the first 2 games - he'll still see plenty of action.

IMO, he'll be starting by the 5th game.
Good start.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM ]
  • thl408
I wish they detailed whether he was particularly good in man or zone.
Share 49ersWebzone