LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by titan:
It's gonna be a lot of guaranteed money 💰

Oh yeah, I envision between $18M-$20M a yr, $40M GTD, 5yr extension through 2026.

Yikes…guess I haven't been paying attn to $$$ for the top couple LBs

Is Fred worth it? Yep.

He is absolutely worth it no question!!!
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by titan:
It's gonna be a lot of guaranteed money 💰

Oh yeah, I envision between $18M-$20M a yr, $40M GTD, 5yr extension through 2026.

Yikes…guess I haven't been paying attn to $$$ for the top couple LBs

Is Fred worth it? Yep.

He is absolutely worth it no question!!!

Yep, he, Leonard, & Roquan deserve it, best 3 LBs from the 2018 draft, plus look at the contracts now, Wagner is highest at $18m a yr, next is CJ Mosley at $17m, he's also highest in GTD money, like $70m or so.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

If there's one LB that deserves the bag in this age, it's Freddy f**king Warner. Dude is essentially a big ass DB in the middle of the field. His ability in coverage is what most stood out when watching his college tape. He's probably the best hook zone defender that I've ever watched.

18+ mil a year is heading his way for sure

I subscribe to Alex's channel, this was a fun watch
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Mr. Warner is about to become one rich man.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Seems like another reach.

From the first page of this thread 😂 Nothing against Mr. Furlow, as we can all be called out on our knee jerk reactions.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ugh, i had him going in the 7th round on my board

reach!!!

Originally posted by Bluesbro:

reach!!!

I don't have any clue where I had him in 2018 TBH. Probably too low, shows why I shouldn't be a GM, working for the Cap department, maybe.
Top 25 players under 25 entering the 2021 NFL season:

1. LB FRED WARNER, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
At a position that has become ever-more difficult to play, given how good NFL offenses have become at attacking defensive weaknesses, Warner has become arguably the game's best linebacker. The former third-round pick earned a PFF coverage grade of 91.1 in 2020, allowing a passer rating of just 81.9 into his coverage, some 25 points lower than the average at the position.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-25-under-25-2021-nfl-season
Still underrated.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Still underrated.

And also doesn't get the recognition from the national media, everything is Darius Leonard or Roquan Smith, I think 2019, he wasn't even on ESPN's top 10 LB rankings, so laughable.

reach!!!

I don't have any clue where I had him in 2018 TBH. Probably too low, shows why I shouldn't be a GM, working for the Cap department, maybe.

I feel like I've made a lot of good calls during the draft process. Being a Stanford fan I didn't want Solomon Thomas at all after watching him for a long time. I was really high on Mahomes and I had Aiyuk rated much higher than Ruggs who you could tell was a fast player but not great after the catch…

The one player that sticks out that I was completely wrong about was Fred Warner. I didn't get the pick at the time. I thought maybe he would be a backup/special teams player. I'm very happy I was wrong about him.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

reach!!!

I feel like I've made a lot of good calls during the draft process. Being a Stanford fan I didn't want Solomon Thomas at all after watching him for a long time. I was really high on Mahomes and I had Aiyuk rated much higher than Ruggs who you could tell was a fast player but not great after the catch…

The one player that sticks out that I was completely wrong about was Fred Warner. I didn't get the pick at the time. I thought maybe he would be a backup/special teams player. I'm very happy I was wrong about him.

Yeah, I had Solly at 2 to us leading up, I was wary of Mahomes & Watson, didn't know if they'd translate into the NFL, well they do, same with a Josh Allen, so I have faith in Trey Lance. I didn't rank anyone beyond 2019, I had heard of Aiyuk & Kinlaw, so I was happy with them.

I was wrong on Pettis, and Foster(but that's more his fault for being a dumbass off the field), I wanted McGlinchey, not gonna lie, and I see him bouncing back strong. I liked the Moore, Reed, & J.Taylor picks, but Reed & Taylor are gone, Moore hurt. I liked Ahkello like many, was wrong. I liked Street, but he never proved anything. I always wanted Bosa, when we ended up with the 2nd pick I thought AZ is taking him GTD, then Kyler says he's in the draft, changed everything, was so happy to get Nick. Also liked Deebo. I liked Hurd, that's a wait & see, I'm hopeful, but need to see him healthy.

I also like Joe Williams, was wrong, I didn't think Kittle would become who he is, I probably had him as a mid-late rounder like most of the NFL, so everyone was wrong. I liked the DJ Jones pick the entire time. I liked Trent Taylor, but injuries hurt him.

So I was up and down on being right or wrong, but if you hit on 30%-35% of your picks, then that's a good thing, you're considered a successful GM., which Lynch has done IMO.

reach!!!

Yeah, I had Solly at 2 to us leading up, I was wary of Mahomes & Watson, didn't know if they'd translate into the NFL, well they do, same with a Josh Allen, so I have faith in Trey Lance. I didn't rank anyone beyond 2019, I had heard of Aiyuk & Kinlaw, so I was happy with them.

I was wrong on Pettis, and Foster(but that's more his fault for being a dumbass off the field), I wanted McGlinchey, not gonna lie, and I see him bouncing back strong. I liked the Moore, Reed, & J.Taylor picks, but Reed & Taylor are gone, Moore hurt. I liked Ahkello like many, was wrong. I liked Street, but he never proved anything. I always wanted Bosa, when we ended up with the 2nd pick I thought AZ is taking him GTD, then Kyler says he's in the draft, changed everything, was so happy to get Nick. Also liked Deebo. I liked Hurd, that's a wait & see, I'm hopeful, but need to see him healthy.

I also like Joe Williams, was wrong, I didn't think Kittle would become who he is, I probably had him as a mid-late rounder like most of the NFL, so everyone was wrong. I liked the DJ Jones pick the entire time. I liked Trent Taylor, but injuries hurt him.

So I was up and down on being right or wrong, but if you hit on 30%-35% of your picks, then that's a good thing, you're considered a successful GM., which Lynch has done IMO.

I think everyone liked Joe Williams including myself. I also believed in the Pettis and DJ Reed who flopped like you mentioned.

Jalen Hurd was my draft crush several years back now and I texted my friends before the pick I hope we picked him and turns out we did but so far he's done nothing.

The draft really is just a crapshoot. But I'm very happy to say I was wrong about players who helps this team. Kittle, Warner, Bourne, and so on.
I think everyone liked Joe Williams including myself. I also believed in the Pettis and DJ Reed who flopped like you mentioned.

Jalen Hurd was my draft crush several years back now and I texted my friends before the pick I hope we picked him and turns out we did but so far he's done nothing.

The draft really is just a crapshoot. But I'm very happy to say I was wrong about players who helps this team. Kittle, Warner, Bourne, and so on.

Agreed, it is a crapshoot, you can't hit on every pick, and not even 50%, like I said 30-35 percent is considered being a good to very good GM, and Lynch has done that. Same goes for FAs and Trades, plus the UDFAs they've picked up who have contributed or still will. I'm happy to that we were wrong on Kittle & Warner, I didn't think Warner was going to be anything more than ST player, cause we had Foster, but that chanced when he became a dumbass off the field, Warner has shined since his rookie season, the fact he was left out of the top 10 LBs on ESPN.com for I think 2019 or 2020 is an insult, he's top 2(him and Leonard, Roquan is a close 3rd and they all were 2018 picks, Smith 1st, Leonard 2nd, and Warner 3rd).

Forcing an outside corner to play slot because he doesn't fit the prototypical size of a outside corner led to Reed "flopping".
Share 49ersWebzone