There are 263 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Here's a one for everyone to think of..

Would you guys agree to send Warner OR Kittle and our 1st round to the Giants for the 2nd overall pick ??

I guess this is a way to get around your thread being locked, but I'll bite.

HELL NO, best LB and best TE for an unproven rookie QB? Not even for Lawrence. And if Lynch did this, he'd deserve to be fired, you don't trade 2 of your best players for an unproven rookie QB. Also they'd eat cap room trading Kittle, please do research about these guys cap hits before making ridiculous trade ideas, and they'd also lose money trading AA. So NO.

Yep. If you're going to throw out trade ideas you have to look at cap. Not doing so is a complete waste if time.

Neither of those players can be traded without huge dead cap hits.
Is the full moon out tonight?

Why in the world would you want to trade warner?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What an idiotic idea.
If Warner simply refused to play and said he'd never pull on a 9ers Jersey again then yeah....sure.

But seeing as that's not the case - hell no.
Warner is among the best players in the NFL, as is Kittle. You don't trade guys like that in the start of there primes for a draft pick. Just no.

Now a team offers you there whole draft (lol ditka and the saints) you at least think about it
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

I don't even know how to respond to that idea. Maybe we sweeten the deal and throw in Bosa too.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 8, 2020 at 8:55 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

NOT that we want to... the point here is..

The Giants has the 2nd overall pick.,.. MOST of you want to land JUSTIN FIELDS.. it ain't happening if we're drafting between 10 to 15..

New York loves JONES and is willing to trade the 2nd overall pick, the question is.. WOULD YOU ALL DO IT ??

The Giants has the 2nd overall pick.,.. MOST of you want to land JUSTIN FIELDS.. it ain't happening if we're drafting between 10 to 15..

New York loves JONES and is willing to trade the 2nd overall pick, the question is.. WOULD YOU ALL DO IT ??

No.
Originally posted by DaBum:

Would you guys agree to send Warner OR Kittle and our 1st round to the Giants for the 2nd overall pick ??

HELL NO, best LB and best TE for an unproven rookie QB? Not even for Lawrence. And if Lynch did this, he'd deserve to be fired, you don't trade 2 of your best players for an unproven rookie QB. Also they'd eat cap room trading Kittle, please do research about these guys cap hits before making ridiculous trade ideas, and they'd also lose money trading AA. So NO.

Yep. If you're going to throw out trade ideas you have to look at cap. Not doing so is a complete waste if time.

What a far fetched idea!!! BUT, as we have seen before, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! Just not this
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

No.

OK, and I respect your decision... but this also mean that you don't like or believe in FIELDS that much to land him.

because if you're the Giants, you will ask for the MAX..

Hard no.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Hard no.

IF that's the case, how far are you all willing to go as far as trying to land Justin - Lance - Zach between 2nd to the 10th spot if we are drafting between 13 to 17?

Hard no.

IF that's the case, how far are you all willing to go as far as trying to land Justin - Lance - Zach between 2nd to the 10th spot if we are drafting between 13 to 17?

I love how you ask the question as though there is someone here who is a GM. This kind of talk will drive you in ever decreasing circles though.

Not wanting to encourage you but I love the passion. One day you will make sense.

I already said no, plus they can't trade Kittle or AA without losing cap room before the draft, and Warner may be the best LB in the game, so again HELL NO, not for a rookie unproven QB.

Also I never said I wanted any rookie QB, rather stick with what we have, I like Jimmy. I'm not giving up on him, yet.
Originally posted by DaBum:

Agreed 110%.
Share 49ersWebzone