LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Wagner was the best, Warner is now the best!!

Agreed

Great, now Warner has a broken neck

I WANT TO BREAK PETTIS NECK
Warner awfully quiet in this game.
Was it me or did he have an awful game yesterday
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Was it me or did he have an awful game yesterday

Yeah I didn't see much of him. Saw way too much of the other 54
Not a good game from him
Wagner is still the best in the game, he stepped up when his team needed him and Warner did not, granted no one else from the niners stepped up.
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
Wagner is still the best in the game, he stepped up when his team needed him and Warner did not, granted no one else from the niners stepped up.

I think wagner is the better tackler, but coverage wise I think warner has him on that.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I think wagner is the better tackler, but coverage wise I think warner has him on that.

I agree. But a lot of it has to do with how they're built. Bobby Wagner is short and compact. He's got a natural leverage advantage that allows him to play low like a wrecking ball in close quarters. He's built to break down his body and hit someone. Fred is the total opposite in that he's tall and long--he's nearly 6'4". Dude is built to play in space with his athleticism and length. He's not going to have the same leverage advantages that Bobby Wagner has against the run because he's always be fighting his leverage disadvantage, but his strengths are very conducive to coverage.

Dre Greenlaw is built pretty similarly to Wagner.
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 2, 2020 at 11:11 PM ]
This guy! Another terrific game from him last night. 13 tackles and flying around the field! Seems to be getting better and better each season - and this season despite all the injuries around him.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dude was doing a lot of flexing down 31-3. He a baller but might want to look at the scoreboard.
Originally posted by susweel:
Dude was doing a lot of flexing down 31-3. He a baller but might want to look at the scoreboard.

He can do whatever the f**k he wants! Best MLB in the league! I'm glad people are finally recognizing his greatness which is long over due.
PFF@PFF_49ers:
Fred Warner had a great night, albiet in a loss. 87.7 overall grade (2nd highest this season) 6 stops (tied for his highest in 2020) 83.5 Coverage Grade (led team)
He's a foundational piece on the D along with Bosa. He's the QBs of the D, I love seeing how intelligently he plays out there. Him and Greenlaw are a good duo
Btw is there Greenlaw thread? He's a player I have my eyes on a lot this season and hoping he continues to trend well. Has had some ups and downs but overall he flies around the field
Share 49ersWebzone