Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cut kwon and pay this dude
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I'm down with this. Dre can take Kwon's spot at this point too.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by susweel:

I'm down with this. Dre can take Kwon's spot at this point too.

AND I trust Lynch to find another stub LB in the draft. Kwon is too inconsistent.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Right now in my 2021 offseason plan I have the 49ers extending Warner to a 5-year, $90M deal, $18M a year, $28.3M fully guaranteed, $39.8M in total guarantees, I know some may say it's a bit low, but I don't think they'll give him more GTD money than they gave Kittle($30M Fully, $40M total), I know AA and Ford got over $45M GTD, but the team has shown under Shanahan and Lynch that they pay a premium for EDGE players.

Check the page out, let me know what you guys think, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021-offseason-plan/

I REALLY love this plan. I'm not sure fans would be in favor of it, but a lot of the ideas in principle is what I would hope is the direction the team goes in. I don't profess to know anything about these contracts, but I just can't see the 49ers dumping either Kwon or Ford just yet, especially Ford. It's frustrating what has happened with him and while I expect us to bring in another similar type of edge player as a potential replacement, when Ford is on the field, offense have to account for him and it only makes life easier for everyone around him to make plays.

I'm also with re-signing Sherman. I don't know what his demands will be, but I like the 3 year 10 million a year deal. If we can get our pass rush near 2019 levels and some better playmakers at safety, Sherman will outplay that contract, even at his age.

The elephant in the room is Solomon Thomas. Why? Just why? It isn't a lot of money, but is there any reason to believe we can't do better in the draft or even with an UDFA (dead serious). I just don't see what is there to gain, even on a cheap one year deal.

Other than that, i thought you did a masterful job of manipulating the numbers to bring our key contributors back. 2021 should legitimately be one of the deepest 49er teams ever.
Beast
[ Edited by 801niner on Oct 27, 2020 at 1:52 PM ]
Release everyone and pay this man. The salary cap is a myth
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by 9moon:
ALREADY BETTER THAN BOWMAN ...

Remember, Bowman benefited from having Willis.. at this stage, Warner is already ahead and that much better than Bowman..

Night and day better than Bow. You're exactly right. Bow had an amazing support group too but no way could he do what Fred does in the passing game. It's unreal.
Romo nailed it too when he said Warner does so much stuff that is perfect and will never show up on the stat sheet but on film it does

Harbaugh and Fangio used to Sub out Willis for Bowman on Dime personnel because Bowman was Superior than Willis in Coverage

Fangio did not know what he was doing.. He just wanted to get fancy with his D by putting Bowman in..

I lost respect on Fangio the minute he split Brooks time with Lynch Slob, instead of being a bit more strict with Aldrunk Smith by making him share time w/Lynch, he screwed up Brooks time.. shame shame shame..
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
Originally posted by wailers15:
ALREADY BETTER THAN BOWMAN ...

Remember, Bowman benefited from having Willis.. at this stage, Warner is already ahead and that much better than Bowman..

Night and day better than Bow. You're exactly right. Bow had an amazing support group too but no way could he do what Fred does in the passing game. It's unreal.
Romo nailed it too when he said Warner does so much stuff that is perfect and will never show up on the stat sheet but on film it does

Harbaugh and Fangio used to Sub out Willis for Bowman on Dime personnel because Bowman was Superior than Willis in Coverage

Fangio did not know what he was doing.. He just wanted to get fancy with his D by putting Bowman in..

I lost respect on Fangio the minute he split Brooks time with Lynch Slob, instead of being a bit more strict with Aldrunk Smith by making him share time w/Lynch, he screwed up Brooks time.. shame shame shame..

Fangio started subbing Willis for Bowman in 2012 first game of the season against GB. Alex Smith was still the QB. I am sure we demolished GB that game. Fangio knew what he was doing.

We were playing Dime so only 1 LB was out there in coverage.
[ Edited by FranchisePoster on Oct 28, 2020 at 7:30 PM ]
Haven't really posted much about Warner but i think it fair to say that he is the best LB in NFL. Tough tackler, reads plays and anticipates like a dang palm reader, has terrific athleticism to read QBs eyes and be where the ball is going, able to stuff any runner for not much gain, goes 53 yds, side to side, often on consecutive plays, and probably is as good a coverage man as our best DB. He often takes the best WR and covers him. And on occasion he blasts in on blitzes and either gets a sack or tags the QB. There are several other top flite LBs in NFL, but i think our Fred is the best. And yes, i like ABs thots of the 5 yr re-signing at $90 K. Fred is worth every penny. As the guy calling the sets, we couldn't have someone better.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Wagner was the best, Warner is now the best!!

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Haven't really posted much about Warner but i think it fair to say that he is the best LB in NFL. Tough tackler, reads plays and anticipates like a dang palm reader, has terrific athleticism to read QBs eyes and be where the ball is going, able to stuff any runner for not much gain, goes 53 yds, side to side, often on consecutive plays, and probably is as good a coverage man as our best DB. He often takes the best WR and covers him. And on occasion he blasts in on blitzes and either gets a sack or tags the QB. There are several other top flite LBs in NFL, but i think our Fred is the best. And yes, i like ABs thots of the 5 yr re-signing at $90 K. Fred is worth every penny. As the guy calling the sets, we couldn't have someone better.

What I like too about giving Warner a big Contract is you can tell he won't get lazy once he gets paid. He seems like a humble and down to earth guy.

Sometimes I see him on the sidelines after a big play and the dude is just zen. He is calm and thinking about the what just happened. I am glad he is on our team. We have excellent skills at selecting great LBs.
PFF finally getting their rankings right.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ugh, i had him going in the 7th round on my board

reach!!!

Never heard of him until he got picked. Shoulda been UDFA. Total reach.

gotta love the zone u just gotta

Agreed
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agreed

pushed Kwon Alexander and Malcom Smith out of SF!!
Share 49ersWebzone