LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
He gone yet?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I don't know why we don't just trade him straight up for Myles Garrett.

Because the Browns already have Beckham and Landry. Besides the 49ers can't take on Garrett's contract. 49ers also need their picks, so I would at least ask for a 6th round pick along with Garrett.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Because the Browns already have Beckham and Landry. Besides the 49ers can't take on Garrett's contract. 49ers also need their picks, so I would at least ask for a 6th round pick along with Garrett.

Okay then let's do Pettis, Tevin Coleman, Tartt, Witherspoon, and Kwon for Garrett, Odell, and a 6th. I mean come on, they'd have to say yes to that, right?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Okay then let's do Pettis, Tevin Coleman, Tartt, Witherspoon, and Kwon for Garrett, Odell, and a 6th. I mean come on, they'd have to say yes to that, right?

No I have a feeling they're also gonna ask for CJ Beathard and C'mon, we all know how much QB's are worth!!! Nope I can't do it!!!

No I have a feeling they're also gonna ask for CJ Beathard and C'mon, we all know how much QB's are worth!!! Nope I can't do it!!!

No deal then unless they throw in their 1st!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/141391-breer-dante-pettis-made-available-49ers-trade/

About damn time. At this point I'll be happy if we got two wooden nickels for him. This guy should have never made the 53.

Some one actually said he is one of the very best wide outs in the nfl... good god. if he is sooooo good. why does he not play?? if you have a good football player you find ways to get him on the field. he is not., thus he does not even suit up
Wonder if Belichick might inquire about Pettis...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yah they don't really have anyone after Edleman and Harry right??
Originally posted by cciowa:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/141391-breer-dante-pettis-made-available-49ers-trade/

About damn time. At this point I'll be happy if we got two wooden nickels for him. This guy should have never made the 53.

Some one actually said he is one of the very best wide outs in the nfl... good god. if he is sooooo good. why does he not play?? if you have a good football player you find ways to get him on the field. he is not., thus he does not even suit up

I doubt very seriously that Belichick would allow himself to fleeced like that.
Yah they don't really have anyone after Edleman and Harry right??

He might. Harry hasn't really done much so it's mostly Edelman. Maybe he can get something out of Pettis.

Damn shame it's come to this. I was off the Pettis bandwagon when after those reports during camp and even his press conferences, he hasn't even been used. Not catching the bad pass thrown his way doesn't bother me. It's the fact that the coaches don't even feel compelled to get him out there and use him. If he could help the team, given that we were down Deebo, down Kittle, and down Raheem Mostert at various point and they STILL don't think he can contribute? That's a pretty damning indictment of the regard Pettis is held in. He put in a decent rookie year, decent enough to think he could be a number 3 at least and we are getting AJ Jenkins stuff.

Sad with all of the picks sunk into receiver, we are STILL going to have to revisit this position. Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo look like keepers. I like Bourne, but think he has maxed out his potential. The only way he can be any better is if our offense is at full strength and the attention of the defense is elsewhere (covering McKinnon as a receiver, Kittle, Aiyuk & Samuel, or gameplanning to stop Mostert).
Originally posted by cciowa:

I doubt very seriously that Belichick would allow himself to fleeced like that.

He might have to kick the tires. Belichek is coasting off of rep now. If Kyle did the thinks Bill has done lately, he'd be eviscerated. Granted the Patriots at least one the Super Bowl, but we know how the webzone feels about trading picks for one year rentals (Trent Brown for the Patriots and Emmanuel Sanders with us). N'Keal Harry has done less than Pettis for his career. And while I get Harry was hurt last year, Pettis at least flashed in year 1.

No Sir, I don't want Odell anywhere near a 49ers uniform. And I'd rather keep Tartt. Besides, the way the season has gone if we were to get Garrett and Odell they'd wind up with season ending injuries the first game as a 49er.

No Sir, I don't want Odell anywhere near a 49ers uniform. And I'd rather keep Tartt. Besides, the way the season has gone if we were to get Garrett and Odell they'd wind up with season ending injuries the first game as a 49er.

We need a plan to get cheap talent, not guys on their 2nd contracts. With that said, I'd go for that trade to get Garrett, but I want no part of Odell. I'd rather try to replace a SS, CB, and ILB than try to find a top level pass rusher. I don't think this trade is realistic however.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

We need a plan to get cheap talent, not guys on their 2nd contracts. With that said, I'd go for that trade to get Garrett, but I want no part of Odell. I'd rather try to replace a SS, CB, and ILB than try to find a top level pass rusher. I don't think this trade is realistic however.

Naw, I'm just being facetious.
Share 49ersWebzone