LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
A cat showing some love to a dog. I like it.

Are you saying Pettis has no dog in him?

No. Kyle and Jimmy are.

So we have a cat in the doghouse?
Originally posted by Buchy:
Just leaving this here:

[Tweet

my god pettis putting them on skates, even bourne had some in on the action on that last replay...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Just leaving this here:

[Tweet

my god pettis putting them on skates, even bourne had some in on the action on that last replay...

The key is if they were the primary or secondary reads within the play design. If they were, that's 100% on Jimmy. If not, it's moot unless JG gets 3+ seconds to find a 3rd read and we all know that's not a reality here much for numerous reasons.
  • Jiks
Just leaving this here:

[Tweet https://twitter.com/NFLDraftVideos/status/1306980694812430341]

Inexcusable. Love me some Jimmy but he was absolutely terrible. Gotta give these guys a game or 2 though.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Just leaving this here:

[Tweet

Pettis imo has the best juke moves on the team and is constantly getting open like that. For big plays too. I just wish jimmy looked to him more and also Pettis to give him more reasons to throw to him.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
A cat showing some love to a dog. I like it.

Are you saying Pettis has no dog in him?

No. Kyle and Jimmy are.

So we have a cat in the doghouse?

Well we know we have a dog in the cathouse!
P-star Jimmay
Originally posted by Jiks:
Just leaving this here:

Inexcusable. Love me some Jimmy but he was absolutely terrible. Gotta give these guys a game or 2 though.

Jimmy definitely was not sharp at all to say the least but the issue with these key-in looks at one receiver is they DO NOT take into account the play call or the play design and who the primary and secondary receivers are within the play. Thl talked about the difference of running a route through zone vs. man too. Basically, every play needs to be taken into full context but that's hard on a forum to do. We'd need some expertise like thl/JD/Niners816 who can ID each play first and go from there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 20, 2020 at 5:09 AM ]
Just leaving this here:

Jimmy definitely was not sharp at all to say the least but the issue with these key-in looks at one receiver is they DO NOT take into account the play call or the play design and who the primary and secondary receivers are within the play. Thl talked about the difference of running a route through zone vs. man too. Basically, every play needs to be taken into full context but that's hard on a forum to do. We'd need some expertise like thl/JD/Niners816 who can ID each play first and go from there.

Bro you're wasting you're time. They only care that he got open and Jimmy didn't hot him. They don't care what read he was or how long it took to get open.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Bro you're wasting you're time. They only care that he got open and Jimmy didn't hot him. They don't care what read he was or how long it took to get open.

+ everyone looks open on Ariel view.

Can look very different from the pocket.

Just leaving this here:

It's really frustrating to see how many deep shots we potentially missed. Thl pointed out at least two plays where Jimmy was horribly wrong in his presnap read based on the coverage. No good answer really as to how you mess that up -- the only options are a) shockingly bad read, or b) willful neglect.

No fan would be happy with either answer.
  • Jiks
Just leaving this here:

Actually I care about end results and we have struggled in the RZ for a while.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Crown:

There's literally 3 guys wide open if Jimmy didn't seizure out over nothing.

Edit this sack was extremely costly.
[ Edited by Jiks on Sep 20, 2020 at 8:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Crown:

There's literally 3 guys wide open if Jimmy didn't seizure out over nothing.

Edit this sack was extremely costly.

Jesus f**k. How many times does it need to be said? Did y'all actually watch the broadcast??? He pumped fake or maybe was even about to throw and almost lost the ball in the process. It slipped out his hand and this started the whole washing machine spin cycle routine. Yes this is on Jimmy but no it wasn't for nothing.
  • Jiks
Jesus f**k. How many times does it need to be said? Did y'all actually watch the broadcast??? He pumped fake or maybe was even about to throw and almost lost the ball in the process. It slipped out his hand and this started the whole washing machine spin cycle routine. Yes this is on Jimmy but no it wasn't for nothing.

Lol who's fault is this?

I actually like Jimmy most of the time but to sit and act like mistakes like this haven't been part of his game since he got here is just kidding yourself.
[ Edited by Jiks on Sep 20, 2020 at 8:08 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone