There are 216 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Not even close. Are you new to team sports? Also, did you see how the interior OL performed in the SB last year? Did you happen to take notice of the blown coverage on 3rd and 15?

the interior of the o line and the secondary killed us in the super bowl.. guess what, still killing us

Weird. Good thing we grabbed a Nose Tackle at 14!
i was to a point where i wished the team would have brought kilgore back in here still am
Not even close. Are you new to team sports? Also, did you see how the interior OL performed in the SB last year? Did you happen to take notice of the blown coverage on 3rd and 15?

The defense held KC to 10 pts for 3 and a half qtrs. Got several sacks and turnovers. What was Jimmy doin while the defense was ballin out? 3rd and 15 is one play bruh. The offense lost that game and Jimmy was front and center dont kid yourself.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hubbyt:
The defense held KC to 10 pts for 3 and a half qtrs. Got several sacks and turnovers. What was Jimmy doin while the defense was ballin out? 3rd and 15 is one play bruh. The offense lost that game and Jimmy was front and center dont kid yourself.

it was a team loss. kyles play calling was terrible. jimmy and the over throw... but come on.. all year when our team is up by two scores in the second half and the way we run the ball.. we should not lose games.. the d got abused as the game went along.. i would say kyle was front and center with his play calling.. we laughed and laughed when we converted two third and 16 plays vs the rams and we patted ourselves on our back for our ingenuity then..... so you gotta suck it up and take it up the ass when the same thing was done to us. on the worlds biggest stage
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Pettis get's credit for that one play yes...it was a horrible read by Jimmy, he threw into double coverage and Pettis somehow caught it. Why should Jimmy get credit for that?

Pettis isn't gonna make or break this team regardless of when he was drafted...they've basically replaced him multiple times since he got here. Whatever with him at this point. His s**tty blocking pissed me off more than anything.

Jimmy is the damn QB lol. They invested a 2nd rd pick AND a ton of money. He will absolutely make or break this team.

So what you think Brady has been surround by amazing WRs his whole career lol? maybe he actually made players around him better...Your QB that's making $27M per yr should make players around him better, not be relying on everyone else to make him better....if that's the plan put in Mullens and cut Jimmy (I'm not saying they should do that) and save a ton of cash.

Also I'm not sticking up for Pettis, I personally don't really give a s**t about him. He's a depth WR at this point. I DO care about our starting QB playing like garbage week 1. Hopefully he improves, I think he will.

NY, this was just your standard 49ers first PS game...that counted, unfortunately. We always seem to start out with problems, misfires, misses, whatever, and then next week we fix them. Kinlaw played great, and that was comforting. D playcalls were like first PS game all yrs. OL blocking same. JG's play...not good. O playcalls... below avg. DBs...bad day. DL containment of Kyler...lousy. D game plan...worse. And so on. It was just an ordinary 1st PS game for the 9ers. I never really liked PS, but honestly, we REALLY need it.

Oh, yes, and the injuries? They just keep mounting. I mean, it is a sight to behold. Sometime, it is going to stop....problem in when?

Building a 10 point lead?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

which should be more than enough for our team with the way we run the ball

Lol..I will let yal believe what you want to believe. Deebo reverses and trick plays and Kyles scheming plus the defense got that lead. Jimmy barely made even one memorable throw the entire super bowl. If you thought any defense was just gonna hold KC offense down ALL game your mistaken. Defense did their job. Jimmy and that offense should have buried them but nah he was too busy missing open guys(Kittle several times), throwing picks and getting his passes batted down. But I digress. This post is about Pettis. If he finds a way to get open a few times this week I hope the ball comes his way. Would hate for him to get blamed again for getting 1 target even though he was getting open. Shrug lol.

10 point lead against the chiefs should be good enough? Lol most explosive offense in the league. You keep giving them the ball back and I'll gurantee they'll punish u.

A loss or win is never all on one guy which is why I gave the IOL play and the 3rd and 15 as examples of a team-wide meltdown.

Lol..I will let yal believe what you want to believe. Deebo reverses and trick plays and Kyles scheming plus the defense got that lead. Jimmy barely made even one memorable throw the entire super bowl. If you thought any defense was just gonna hold KC offense down ALL game your mistaken. Defense did their job. Jimmy and that offense should have buried them but nah he was too busy missing open guys(Kittle several times), throwing picks and getting his passes batted down. But I digress. This post is about Pettis. If he finds a way to get open a few times this week I hope the ball comes his way. Would hate for him to get blamed again for getting 1 target even though he was getting open. Shrug lol.

There's fair criticism and then there's revisionist history. To say he didn't make a meorable throw....the guy was 19/21 for over 220 yards halfway through the 4th quarter. C'mon.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
IT'S ALLL SHANNY !!!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfgate.com/49ers/amp/49ers-Dante-Pettis-wide-open-49ers-Cardinals-15575859.php
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfgate.com/49ers/amp/49ers-Dante-Pettis-wide-open-49ers-Cardinals-15575859.php

I saw this during the game but never realized that was Pettis until now. Another example of Jimmy completely ignoring a primary read again. FFS Jimmy, WTF was up with him on Sunday?
Originally posted by Sickaa:

10 point lead against the chiefs should be good enough? Lol most explosive offense in the league. You keep giving them the ball back and I'll gurantee they'll punish u.

Yes, when you're up two scores and only 7 minutes remaining. You have to look at the context of the game.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

There's fair criticism and then there's revisionist history. To say he didn't make a meorable throw....the guy was 19/21 for over 220 yards halfway through the 4th quarter. C'mon.

Can you name one? Serious question.

I dont expect you to remember every play from the Superbowl, but I certainly cant remember a memorable throw. To that point, I cant even remember the last time I said "wow what a throw Jimmy!!!" I like the guy and I think he will improve, but I dont know that calling it revisionist history for saying he didnt have a memorable throw in the Superbowl is accurate.
Share 49ersWebzone