There are 64 users in the forums

49ers select WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis in 2nd round

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by jimrat:

I hate pettis as much as anyone..but cmon..THIS WAS A HUGE OVERTHROW BY JIMMY

Look at 44 in the flat with a 12 yard gain up the sidelines. Despite a perfectly clean pocket, Jimmy made his mind up before he threw it.

Look at jimmy's feet on the throw
So with us picking up Sanu and with Aiyuk (hopefully) being activated and playing this weekend, does that mean this bum Pettis gets cut or bare minimum moves to the practice squad?
Originally posted by asu49ers:
So with us picking up Sanu and with Aiyuk (hopefully) being activated and playing this weekend, does that mean this bum Pettis gets cut or bare minimum moves to the practice squad?

No and no.
Guess you can start calling him Dante "didn't do doo-doo" Pettis
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Kitty
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by jimrat:

I hate pettis as much as anyone..but cmon..THIS WAS A HUGE OVERTHROW BY JIMMY

Look at 44 in the flat with a 12 yard gain up the sidelines. Despite a perfectly clean pocket, Jimmy made his mind up before he threw it.

Look at jimmy's feet on the throw

What's wrong with his foot work there?
still think a Pettis for Jackson trade makes all the sense in the world. They need WR help we need DB depth. Jackson is a cover 3 DB in the wrong scheme and they have the same cap it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
still think a Pettis for Jackson trade makes all the sense in the world. They need WR help we need DB depth. Jackson is a cover 3 DB in the wrong scheme and they have the same cap it.

Now more than ever that would be sweet

Pettis was open. His lack of production against the Cards has more to do with the QB than anything he did wrong.
Originally posted by BumCity:

Pettis was open. His lack of production against the Cards has more to do with the QB than anything he did wrong.

I saw this and I was yelling at the TV. ugh

The only way you can give Jimmy a pass on those, even a little bit, is where Pettis was on the read. Or if he was intended to get a look at all in those plays.
It matters when he gets open. He has to be open or getting open when Jimmy look his way, or Jimmy move on to his next progression.

I think Jimmy needs to give Pettis just a tik tok more. But Pettis has to earn it first.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 17, 2020 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Stanley:
The only way you can give Jimmy a pass on those, even a little bit, is where Pettis was on the read. Or if he was intended to get a look at all in those plays.

He just flat out missed Pettis on that play 32sec in...I'm as big a jimmy fan as anyone else but he played like s**t last week.

Hopefully he learns from this and it's just lack of TC rust

Thank you!! As much as I hate Pettis can't put any blame on him from this game, lol especially the one where people think he should've dove and sold out to get the ball. Lmfao Pappa and Ryan both said that was a s**t throw and diving wouldn't have helped it.

You nailed it. Jimmy needs to throw it his way regardless. I doubt it's a lack of confidence thing especially if Jimmy was foaming from the mouth about Pettis' work in camp.

I think it has more to do with Jimmy not setting his feet on these throws
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Now more than ever that would be sweet
times infinity
Share 49erswebzone