There are 155 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by genus49:
How is a 7th round rookie a lock? Let's not get crazy here. He has a good chance to make the roster but it's more due to Deebo's injury.

No it isint. This is something completely made up on the fly.
[ Edited by random49er on Jun 24, 2020 at 8:47 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hopefully, the others push Dante - this is his last chance to stick.
The two pre-training camp injuries give Dante an opportunity to win back a spot, and this is definitely a year where he has to earn a spot on the roster.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
The two pre-training camp injuries give Dante an opportunity to win back a spot, and this is definitely a year where he has to earn a spot on the roster.

Kyle has to let him off the leash first.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Two? I thought we just lost Deebo?
Originally posted by mayo49:

Richie James
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GangstaGangsta:

Richie James

What happened to James?

Richie James

What happened to James?

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/06/19/report-49ers-receiver-richie-james-jr-out-with-broken-wrist/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Richie James

What happened to James?

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/06/19/report-49ers-receiver-richie-james-jr-out-with-broken-wrist/

Richie James

What happened to James?

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Richie James

What happened to James?

Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

No worries, James is way down the totem pole.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/137556-49ers-sign-7th-round-draft-pick-jauan-jennings-4-year/
Pettis

Before the draft I thought Pettis still had an outside chance to make the 53. After the draft I stated that I didn't see how Pettis (and James) would fit on the 53. Now, with the signing of Jennings, a 7th rounder, to a 4 year deal I am guaranteeing that Pettis won't make the 53. Remember, most here had Jennings on the practice squad. I had him making the team the day we drafted him. In a normal WR draft I don't think Jennings would have gotten out of the 4th or 5th round. We're not carrying more than 7 WR's on the roster (I initially said 6), 5 of which are locks:

Deebo (lock)
Aiyuk (lock)
Bourne (lock)
Hurd (lock)
Jennings (lock)
Taylor (near lock)
Benjamin/Finke

Benjamin or Finke will make it over Pettis, and if I had to bet I'd say Benjamin would win the last spot. (Finke isn't lasting on the PS.) If we can't trade Pettis before the cut day he will released.
It is almost in everyone's opinion that Pettis underperformed particularly in his sophomore year. You can't argue with that. But to say this early that a seventh round draft pick will bump Pettis out of rotation? Let's take the "desire" out of the equation first because that's what everyone is saying Pettis is lacking of. So now you have the talent and if you compare
both, Pettis is way way ahead of Jennings. Right now, it's like he's just scratching the surface. He has so much potential. The only question is when are we going to see that? Hopefully this year. I'm one of the maybe few who cheer for him to succeed and help this team succeeds.
Amazing--850 posts to say he will get his s... together, or not.
His problem...he runs fantastic routes, so he's entitled to the ball at the end of the route
No worries, James is way down the totem pole.

He broke his totem pole?
Share 49ersWebzone