LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 382 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
That's why my post above. It isn't the player so much, it is the high 2nd rd PICK. If he busts out, there goes a high 2nd. And we can't afford to lose those. So do it, do it real, do it with feeling, and do it quick. Anything else...adios . AGain not so much a loss of Dante, but of the high 2nd rd pick. Start losing one of those every yr and we are back down so Low all we can do is look up and see snake bellys.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That's why my post above. It isn't the player so much, it is the high 2nd rd PICK. If he busts out, there goes a high 2nd. And we can't afford to lose those. So do it, do it real, do it with feeling, and do it quick. Anything else...adios . AGain not so much a loss of Dante, but of the high 2nd rd pick. Start losing one of those every yr and we are back down so Low all we can do is look up and see snake bellys.

Not to add salt to the wound but it wasn't just a high 2nd, we traded up into that high 2nd with additional picks
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Not to add salt to the wound but it wasn't just a high 2nd, we traded up into that high 2nd with additional picks

Thanks,,,and additional picks
This is a fascinating thread from a psychology standpoint.
Anchoring bias, fundamental attribution error, bandwagon effect, recency bias, confirmation bias and so much more.

This will be especially fun to watch if he does well in camp and begins to have a good 2020 season.
Psychoanalysing a thread about a guy who won't go over the middle is beside the point. Why was he benched the last 12 weeks? Give us the Freudian perspective.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/137556-49ers-sign-7th-round-draft-pick-jauan-jennings-4-year/
Pettis

Before the draft I thought Pettis still had an outside chance to make the 53. After the draft I stated that I didn't see how Pettis (and James) would fit on the 53. Now, with the signing of Jennings, a 7th rounder, to a 4 year deal I am guaranteeing that Pettis won't make the 53. Remember, most here had Jennings on the practice squad. I had him making the team the day we drafted him. In a normal WR draft I don't think Jennings would have gotten out of the 4th or 5th round. We're not carrying more than 7 WR's on the roster (I initially said 6), 5 of which are locks:

Deebo (lock)
Aiyuk (lock)
Bourne (lock)
Hurd (lock)
Jennings (lock)
Taylor (near lock)
Benjamin/Finke

Benjamin or Finke will make it over Pettis, and if I had to bet I'd say Benjamin would win the last spot. (Finke isn't lasting on the PS.) If we can't trade Pettis before the cut day he will released.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/137556-49ers-sign-7th-round-draft-pick-jauan-jennings-4-year/
Pettis

Before the draft I thought Pettis still had an outside chance to make the 53. After the draft I stated that I didn't see how Pettis (and James) would fit on the 53. Now, with the signing of Jennings, a 7th rounder, to a 4 year deal I am guaranteeing that Pettis won't make the 53. Remember, most here had Jennings on the practice squad. I had him making the team the day we drafted him. In a normal WR draft I don't think Jennings would have gotten out of the 4th or 5th round. We're not carrying more than 7 WR's on the roster (I initially said 6), 5 of which are locks:

Deebo (lock)
Aiyuk (lock)
Bourne (lock)
Hurd (lock)
Jennings (lock)
Taylor (near lock)
Benjamin/Finke

Benjamin or Finke will make it over Pettis, and if I had to bet I'd say Benjamin would win the last spot. (Finke isn't lasting on the PS.) If we can't trade Pettis before the cut day he will released.

Signing a rookie draft pick means nothing for Pettis anymore than it already did. Jennings is not a lock. I think he makes it though.

I think he still has a very good chance. Especially if he's given the chance in preseason. I think he makes it over Benjamin and Finke.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jun 24, 2020 at 10:25 AM ]
Pettis

Deebo (lock)
Aiyuk (lock)
Bourne (lock)
Hurd (lock)
Jennings (lock)
Taylor (near lock)
Benjamin/Finke

How is a 7th round rookie a lock? Let's not get crazy here. He has a good chance to make the roster but it's more due to Deebo's injury.
Pettis

Deebo (lock)
Aiyuk (lock)
Bourne (lock)
Hurd (lock)
Jennings (lock)
Taylor (near lock)
Benjamin/Finke

Lol signing a draft pick in the 7th round means nothing.
Originally posted by genus49:
How is a 7th round rookie a lock? Let's not get crazy here. He has a good chance to make the roster but it's more due to Deebo's injury.

The 4 years means nothing other than they control him for that time. The money is spread over 4 years with the first year at around 679,000. None of it is guaranteed other than the signing bonus.

Hurd and taylor get hurt and we still cut pettis. Another pac 12 bust.
Maybe Dante can learn to be more physical at the point of attack from Jauan Jennings. And Jennings can learn to be more cat quick like Dante. Just don't be more of the other.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jun 24, 2020 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Is that what you're predicting?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Is that what you're predicting?
i say he gets traded or cut during the season
Camp fodder
Share 49ersWebzone