LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Zero faith.
None.
Even with those guys gone, I still say he doesn't make the 53.

We know man.
I think we might sign Taylor Gabriel on a 1 year deal. He has 3 years in Shanny's system and is way better than bum Jordan Mathews.

I could see this if one more goes down with a broken foot, wrist or COVID.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Pettis frustrates me so badly. I think his upbringing in a professional athlete's house has him entitled instead of informed and to me, he doesn't seem interested in or have passion for the game of football nearly as much as a professional should. He has the talent and could play in the NFL, he's just soft like warm butter mentally and is squandering this opportunity. I've run out of patience and am just waiting for Shanahan to admit his mistake and correct.
BOOM!!! Every bit of that!!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Zero faith.
None.
Even with those guys gone, I still say he doesn't make the 53.
FACTS!!!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Pettis frustrates me so badly. I think his upbringing in a professional athlete's house has him entitled instead of informed and to me, he doesn't seem interested in or have passion for the game of football nearly as much as a professional should. He has the talent and could play in the NFL, he's just soft like warm butter mentally and is squandering this opportunity. I've run out of patience and am just waiting for Shanahan to admit his mistake and correct.
BOOM!!! Every bit of that!!

I'm on the opposite end. Waiting for Pettis to break the NFL receiving record this year with our starters out.
Pettis will be top 5 WR next season if the season starts. You can bookmark that.

Just make sure you delete it after you bookmark it.
Ditto Oakland....just hoping for the best and that yr 2 was an aberration.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Ditto Oakland....just hoping for the best and that yr 2 was an aberration.

Cmon.
^^^res ipsa loquitur...."the thing speaks for itself". Pettis will either make the squad on basis of talent and desire...or not. I hope he makes it on his talent and desire. If not , adios. I would feel bad because we lost a good high draft pick and we wasted an entire yr on him, last yr. Now or never. Do or die. Just that simple. I'm interested in the position, not so much the individual. Hate to see it wasted. And pronto, early on, don't wait for season to start. He has to start early and keep the pedal to the floor. Anything less is ...adios.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jun 21, 2020 at 7:53 PM ]
WR, 2018 NFL Draft, in selection order, first three rounds only, with their 2019 receptions and yards. The entire sophomore group has been productive, with two exceptions...

D.J. Moore 87/1175
Calvin Ridley 63/866
Courtland Sutton 72/1112
Dante Pettis 11/109
Christian Kirk 68/709
Anthony Miller 52/656
James Washington 44/735
D.J. Chark 73/1008
Michael Gallup 66/1107
Tre'Quan Smith 18/234
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
WR, 2018 NFL Draft, in selection order, first three rounds only, with their 2019 receptions and yards. The entire sophomore group has been productive, with two exceptions...

D.J. Moore 87/1175
Calvin Ridley 63/866
Courtland Sutton 72/1112
Dante Pettis 11/109
Christian Kirk 68/709
Anthony Miller 52/656
James Washington 44/735
D.J. Chark 73/1008
Michael Gallup 66/1107
Tre'Quan Smith 18/234

Well doesn't that just suck ass. We got the worst one. Lol

Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

D.J. Moore 87/1175
Calvin Ridley 63/866
Courtland Sutton 72/1112
Dante Pettis 11/109
Christian Kirk 68/709
Anthony Miller 52/656
James Washington 44/735
D.J. Chark 73/1008
Michael Gallup 66/1107
Tre'Quan Smith 18/234

Kyle's draft crush
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

D.J. Moore 87/1175
Calvin Ridley 63/866
Courtland Sutton 72/1112
Dante Pettis 11/109
Christian Kirk 68/709
Anthony Miller 52/656
James Washington 44/735
D.J. Chark 73/1008
Michael Gallup 66/1107
Tre'Quan Smith 18/234

Kyle's draft crush

Really hope Aiyuk performs at least as good as CeeDee. I wanted him, and if CeeDee blows Aiyuk away that would suck.

D.J. Moore 87/1175
Calvin Ridley 63/866
Courtland Sutton 72/1112
Dante Pettis 11/109
Christian Kirk 68/709
Anthony Miller 52/656
James Washington 44/735
D.J. Chark 73/1008
Michael Gallup 66/1107
Tre'Quan Smith 18/234

Kyle's draft crush

Really hope Aiyuk performs at least as good as CeeDee. I wanted him, and if CeeDee blows Aiyuk away that would suck.

Theres more factors into it though, like imagine the first 6 games we rush for 200+ yards and we just steam roll every team without us having to throw as much.

D.J. Moore 87/1175
Calvin Ridley 63/866
Courtland Sutton 72/1112
Dante Pettis 11/109
Christian Kirk 68/709
Anthony Miller 52/656
James Washington 44/735
D.J. Chark 73/1008
Michael Gallup 66/1107
Tre'Quan Smith 18/234

Kyle's draft crush

So far the guys shanny has went out his way to get have been busts. You got Dante doing absolutely nothing in a Superbowl year and Joe Williams who Shanahan stayed up all night thinking about ain't even in the NFL (?). Hoping aiyuk is the one to break that.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

D.J. Moore 87/1175
Calvin Ridley 63/866
Courtland Sutton 72/1112
Dante Pettis 11/109
Christian Kirk 68/709
Anthony Miller 52/656
James Washington 44/735
D.J. Chark 73/1008
Michael Gallup 66/1107
Tre'Quan Smith 18/234

Kyle's draft crush

So far the guys shanny has went out his way to get have been busts. You got Dante doing absolutely nothing in a Superbowl year and Joe Williams who Shanahan stayed up all night thinking about ain't even in the NFL (?). Hoping aiyuk is the one to break that.

While he clearly had an awful second year it wasn't "nothing" we don't win that Steelers game without him and without that game we're not the #1 seed and who knows how that impacts the playoffs.

I'm not counting on it but it would be great if he managed to remind everyone why he was drafted so high. Talent hasn't been his issue. It's all up to him.
Share 49ersWebzone