• Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by pd24:
A lot of gay jokes in here and it doesn't look like the MODs care. Same guys do it every time.

Lighten up Francis. All playful innuendo

What's funny about it?
nothing.. i am with you,. we used to talk about how players play the game or not play the game

Excited to see what he does year 2 cc. Was very impressed with what I saw year 1. He's a hard worker and listens to the coaches as well so I'm always on board with guys like that .
I was very harsh on last years wide out group but in the body of work i saw him in , he was someone i least was worried about. so many people are so high on goodwin which is fine but this guy is well above goodwin in my opinion

Over 17 yards per catch as a rookie has me fired up for a year of him and JG.
Agree on Goodwin.
three of us are actually talking about him the player. lol. goodwin may lose his job to him and our two rookies in my opinion
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by pd24:
A lot of gay jokes in here and it doesn't look like the MODs care. Same guys do it every time.

Lighten up Francis. All playful innuendo

What's funny about it?
nothing.. i am with you,. we used to talk about how players play the game or not play the game

Excited to see what he does year 2 cc. Was very impressed with what I saw year 1. He's a hard worker and listens to the coaches as well so I'm always on board with guys like that .
I was very harsh on last years wide out group but in the body of work i saw him in , he was someone i least was worried about. so many people are so high on goodwin which is fine but this guy is well above goodwin in my opinion

Over 17 yards per catch as a rookie has me fired up for a year of him and JG.
Agree on Goodwin.
three of us are actually talking about him the player. lol. goodwin may lose his job to him and our two rookies in my opinion

Pettis, Deebo and Hurd are potentially a huge upgrade to our WR corps. That's only potential, of course, but it sure is exciting at this point. 2015 we had Boldin and Torrey Smith and a whole lot of nothing, as one year's example. I'm not writing home about those guys.
What the heck is wrong, cc? I find myself agreeing with you. Twice in one week! I'm going to have to frame it.
  • Jiks
I just want a true #1 go-to receiver. We've had some solid borderline #1's but it's been far too long since we've had that star. I watched Pettis throughout college and feel he does have that pedigree. My main concern is him staying healthy.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
What the heck is wrong, cc? I find myself agreeing with you. Twice in one week! I'm going to have to frame it.

I'm in agreement with both of you as well.

1. I'd rather talk football.

2. I do believe Goodwin has about reached his ceiling. Could he be a 1000 yard guy? Yes, fully healthy, I think Goodwin can do it. But in terms of dominating year in and out, no I don't see that. I don't think Samuel overtakes Goodwin this season, but next year, it can easily become a reality. I'd keep Goodwin for the threat he is, but the sooner we have 2 or 3 better receiving options, the better we will be.

3. I don't know if Pettis breaks out as a true number 1 this year, but it's great that KS likes what he sees so far. Preseason can't come fast enough.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Fellas !!

SUNSCREEN will be a great WR for us for years to come as long as he doesn't have to go over the middle..
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Fellas !!

SUNSCREEN will be a great WR for us for years to come as long as he doesn't have to go over the middle..

You mean like the slant he scored one TD on or the deep post he scored another TD on
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

I'm in agreement with both of you as well.

1. I'd rather talk football.

2. I do believe Goodwin has about reached his ceiling. Could he be a 1000 yard guy? Yes, fully healthy, I think Goodwin can do it. But in terms of dominating year in and out, no I don't see that. I don't think Samuel overtakes Goodwin this season, but next year, it can easily become a reality. I'd keep Goodwin for the threat he is, but the sooner we have 2 or 3 better receiving options, the better we will be.

3. I don't know if Pettis breaks out as a true number 1 this year, but it's great that KS likes what he sees so far. Preseason can't come fast enough.

And i am going to agree with all of you. Consider:

Pettis
Goodwin
Hurd
Debo
Au Jus
Kittle
TT, maybe if healed.
Toilolo...and he is good
Brieda
Kaden maybe , if he makes the cut.
Coleman
Jeez, Forgot JET

I mean my gosh, what a stable to throw to. When was the last time we had a crew like this? I still can't believe it. We are going to have to cut some guys here that will start elsewhere. That is some lineup. Plus we got JG back and Mullie proved to be very capable last ry. Quick reads, quick release.

the OL? Well , ZBS requires the guys playing together for a season or two, and we are already there. Anyone really think this O isn't going to rock is kidding himself. Some will definitely stand out. But right now, i don't want to cut any of them.

Plus we got 5 guys who can go one of 3 ways. TE/RB//WR Hurd, Deebo, Au Jus , Brieda, Jet, kittle...wait until I the first game and kyle schemes somebody open every single play. There are going to be some surprised faces out there. The O is capable of putting on a real show.

then there is the D. Anybody really not anxious to see Dee, Buck, Solomon, Bosa with Kwon and warner behind them? Man i am. My only concern was DC and playcalling and we land not just Kocurek but also Joe Woods. Sheesh. If we come out of the gate hot, and win 3 of 4...look out.
Originally posted by 91til:
You mean like the slant he scored one TD on or the deep post he scored another TD on

lol
49 days till the Dallas opener.

MEEE-ROOW

Originally posted by Jiks:
I just want a true #1 go-to receiver. We've had some solid borderline #1's but it's been far too long since we've had that star. I watched Pettis throughout college and feel he does have that pedigree. My main concern is him staying healthy.

I could care less about having an elite #1. I just want a top 10, top 5 offense again. Pair that with a good defense and back to the playoffs we go.

Patriots won all there super bowls with no elite #1 wr
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Jiks:

I could care less about having an elite #1. I just want a top 10, top 5 offense again. Pair that with a good defense and back to the playoffs we go.

Patriots won all there super bowls with no elite #1 wr

To some extent Sean Peyton with Brees had been doing the same for years. I like what the Saints been doing for Brees for years. Still takes a smart capable QB to take advantage of the offensive 'weapons'

Now that's more like it.
Working on his mentality...but that Gumby Life!

Share 49ersWebzone