LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
its the bernie dance...

No it's not. He's walking lol

It's that skinny Brazilian rapper... who got killed.

Conor gets his image from many people.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yay another midget Taylor clone

swing and a miss, good try

How could someone that good....ugh. go home Steven you're drunk.

Also.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 28, 2018 at 3:55 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
Can't kill him if he runs past them

Everyone gets hit in football sooner or later. And for a guy as skinny as that? It only takes a couple of decent hits before he will start thinking about getting the shakes.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Everyone gets hit in football sooner or later. And for a guy as skinny as that? It only takes a couple of decent hits before he will start thinking about getting the shakes.

This pick did nothing for me but make me think they don't like Taylor that much???
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hopefully this means we see a lot less of Trent Taylor now

what do u have against taylor

He sucks
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
This pick did nothing for me but make me think they don't like Taylor that much???

Why? Pettis can play inside or outside. He needs to add about 5 lbs but what is he 6-1 190? Kid ran a 4.39 40. Some had him as the 2nd best route runner in the draft.

I mean he's the same size as Calvin Ridley right? He actually got longer arms as well.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Hopefully this means we see a lot less of Trent Taylor now

what do u have against taylor

He sucks

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean he's the same size as Calvin Ridley right? He actually got longer arms as well.

But his name isnt Calvin Ridley, who I saw on the TV.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

But his name isnt Calvin Ridley, who I saw on the TV.

True haha...kid could be really good in this scheme with JG. Dude had trash throwing him the ball in Washington. Great hand catcher, has speed (him with Goodwin ), top end route-runner which is hard to find coming out of college.

Love this route

I wanted Anthony Miller, but Pettis will do. I'd bet money if he could have taken part in the combine people wouldn't be as bummed with this pick.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 28, 2018 at 5:51 AM ]

Nuthin to see here.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 28, 2018 at 5:52 AM ]
Love this lol.

Originally posted by Koldo:
Be prepared to see this guy being abused by Peters and Talib.

No kidding, the kid is literally skin and bones, he will get killed by Peters and Talib. Just one good hit will get it done and he will probably do a Borland.

He's going to be a beast!
[ Edited by Ark49er on Apr 28, 2018 at 6:11 AM ]
Originally posted by pd24:
So, big WRs can't get open?

Weren't Julio Jones (6'3" 220 lbs) and Mohamed Sanu (6'2" 210 lbs) Kyle Shanahan's WRs??

Julio Jones is a special top 5 talent. Shanahan wouldn't have drafted Sanu.

So, there you go, Julio Jones proves that you don't need to be skin and bones in order to get open and to play for Kyle Shanahan.

Or are you saying unless you are a top 5 talent, no big physical WRs can meet Shanahan's requirements?

You don't think Shanahan would take the Julio Jones/Mohamed Sanu WR tandem over any of our WR combos?

I don't know about you, I would take Julio Jones and Sanu over any of our WRs any day!! If you have two equally skilled WRs, surely you would take the bigger guy right? Give you an example, if I can pick between Julio Jones or OBJ, I would take Julio Jones any day and is not even close!!

A Julio Jones caliber player wasn't in this draft.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by UCLA9er:
Pettis is going to ball out and like others have said, I believe he's the heir apparent to Garçon. Be happy guys. Dudes a super polished receiver with a lot of nuance to his gane, he has big time speed, nice leaping ability, he has the production to back up the traits, and he is the all-time leader for punt return tds. What's there not to like?

The punt return bit reminds me a little bit of John Taylor that Kyle Shanahan had a hard time beating in ping pong. If we got our John Taylor - in a year or two, we get Jerry Rice 2.0

Love the pick after watching the highlights courtesy of our resedent draft experts. This offense is going to be very hard to stop.
Share 49ersWebzone