LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by susweel:
Don't know why shanny keeps ripping him a new a*****e through the media. Keep that s**t in house, plus this method is obviously not working. Pettis is what he is, you can't turn chicken s**t into chicken soup.

LOL. Clearly he's tried everything up to this point so you might as well start preparing the fans/media for what's already happened (lost job/snaps). Maybe he's getting ready to elevate Richie and this is a tactic to avoid a billion media questions.

Kyle himself was a receiver. He knows what it takes. It's got to be personal for him to see such a gifted young man in the perfect offense, hand picked expensive player by himself, and to sit there and watch it fade to black.

sus is right, he keeps calling him out but keeps playing him and we keep getting what we get.. deactivate him and give the snaps to bourne and james who at least try. dips**t goodwin is pettis jr but thats a whole other story for a whole other thread for a crap player

Even if we deactivate him, whats the point? Do you think he'll feel bad about it? Probably not. He's probably just happy that he got drafted by an NFL team in the first place.

If hes out of the league, he can just use daddy's connections to start a baseball career.

What an awful pick man. This is why character interviews are so important in the pre draft process. And it's not just about being a nice guy either. They need to have a better vetting process
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Even if we deactivate him, whats the point? Do you think he'll feel bad about it? Probably not. He's probably just happy that he got drafted by an NFL team in the first place.

If hes out of the league, he can just use daddy's connections to start a baseball career.

What an awful pick man. This is why character interviews are so important in the pre draft process. And it's not just about being a nice guy either. They need to have a better vetting process

i just thought, all of kyles calling out has not helped. getting new wide outs to light a fire has not helped.. he had a golden chance monday but that did not help him. i just think well. just bench him sunday. not doing us any good now anyway,
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Might need to go with a different coaching approach since the slight shots at him to push him aren't working so far.
Yeah, the coaching approach like benching and moving on.
I hate how the seacawks can pick people off the streets and they can make catches and our receivers can't
[ Edited by Alfienator on Nov 13, 2019 at 8:49 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

i just thought, all of kyles calling out has not helped. getting new wide outs to light a fire has not helped.. he had a golden chance monday but that did not help him. i just think well. just bench him sunday. not doing us any good now anyway,

He'll be out of the league soon. I knew this was bad pick when we took him but he's even worse than i thought. Not really a nfl caliber player.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
He will be out of the league in 2 years

He might be out next year.
Hopefully we see no more of him on the field for the rest of the year.
Would it be embarrassing to work out TO? I'm not even joking. After seeing that video I recalled bringing back Haley for the playoffs. Haley ran out of gas, but made a difference in the first game he played. I'm just saying I'd think of TO and give him 5 plays in the red zone if legit.
Originally posted by justjim77:
Would it be embarrassing to work out TO? I'm not even joking. After seeing that video I recalled bringing back Haley for the playoffs. Haley ran out of gas, but made a difference in the first game he played. I'm just saying I'd think of TO and give him 5 plays in the red zone if legit.

Yeah, we'd probably be the laughing stock of the league. But honestly, do I even care that much at this point? Probably not. It's not like the national media likes us anyway. They think we are frauds that haven't played anybody.
I really hope all these articles and sound bytes that are out there now about the disappointment with Pettis lights a fire under his a**. I wished we hadn't let Matthews go. We could have used him in the last game. I'm sure he would have done better than Goodwin and Pettis. We need some veterans who are sure-handed. Don't care if they aren't blistering fast.
[ Edited by hello49 on Nov 13, 2019 at 9:10 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by justjim77:

Yeah, we'd probably be the laughing stock of the league. But honestly, do I even care that much at this point? Probably not. It's not like the national media likes us anyway. They think we are frauds that haven't played anybody.

f**k the world.. i would be fine if owens or dez come in for a workout. what we have is not working if sanders is not playing and even if he can make it. his ribs most likely will affect his play. and of course only the team knows about kittle

• mayo49
  • Veteran
All this Pettis bashing will all go away if he just has a good game. Come on, Dante have game Sunday.
All this Pettis bashing will all go away if he just has a good game. Come on, Dante have game Sunday.

I do kind of wish I could see Pettis get angry. I don't think I've ever seen him pissed about anything.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

we just keep hoping and wishing and hoping that dreams come true. i think that tit has run dry

Nah he needs to finish the season strong for it to go away. We've seen him make the big play before, its the consistency. Cant put him out there if hes not trusted.
Originally posted by hello49:
I really hope all these articles and sound bytes that are out there now about the disappointment with Pettis lights a fire under his a**. I wished we hadn't let Matthews go. We could have used him in the last game. I'm sure he would have done better than Goodwin and Pettis. We need some veterans who are sure-handed. Don't care if they aren't blistering fast.

I'm rooting for the kid, but just like Bourne when you look at their social media accounts it doesn't seem like football is their only focus. One guy loves cats and coloring his hair and the other thinks he is an H&M model.
Share 49ersWebzone