LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tyler9er71:
I think Pettis will be fine he just needs more time.

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 24, 2019 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
I appreciate what he did then.. its just his not so good has outweighed the good. and there is no question. for whatever reason. he was in the doghouse of kyle earlier. i get he made the great catch and i am thrilled.. but you know.. jamie winborn had one great day vs the giants. rat had one great monday night game vs the steelers. the longer this goes. and the longer this guy does not produce for us. given how we got him, the game winner vs pittsburg is going to fade away... now.. i still hold out hope he will be a player for us.. but man.. very underwhelming right now.. that is not hate,. just a opinion

This is well said and exactly how I feel.
Originally posted by dlance:
I appreciate what he did then.. its just his not so good has outweighed the good. and there is no question. for whatever reason. he was in the doghouse of kyle earlier. i get he made the great catch and i am thrilled.. but you know.. jamie winborn had one great day vs the giants. rat had one great monday night game vs the steelers. the longer this goes. and the longer this guy does not produce for us. given how we got him, the game winner vs pittsburg is going to fade away... now.. i still hold out hope he will be a player for us.. but man.. very underwhelming right now.. that is not hate,. just a opinion

It's not even opinion, it's fact.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I like Pettis. And yes He has his faults obviously. But I think getting a legit professional receiver like Sanders will benefit him greatly. If it doesn't help him turn the corner, then I guess all bets are off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tyler9er71:
I think Pettis will be fine he just needs more time.

Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
I like Pettis. And yes He has his faults obviously. But I think getting a legit professional receiver like Sanders will benefit him greatly. If it doesn't help him turn the corner, then I guess all bets are off.

sanders should help all the kids but at the end of the day. pettis needs to catch the ball and control what he can control
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

Solid post PA19er!

I also think Sanders will elevate the players AND the "Play-Calling."

I don't think the P-Man is stupid and he realizes that THIS is the time to rise to the occasion.

If he stays mediocre then JL/KS need to find someone who isn't.

I was listening to that on my way in to work and it brightened up my morning.
  • thl408
His trade value is low right now. He's worth more as a player to hang on to in case he gets it together. Unless he's part of a package for immediate help, him being traded for a day 3 pick isn't worth it imo. He wouldn't fetch a day 2 pick. Just keep him and see if he pans out.
Originally posted by thl408:
His trade value is low right now. He's worth more as a player to hang on to in case he gets it together. Unless he's part of a package for immediate help, him being traded for a day 3 pick isn't worth it imo. He wouldn't fetch a day 2 pick. Just keep him and see if he pans out.

I mean, I wouldn't mind getting that day 3 pick back.

Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Mmm... no.

He virtually has no trade value with so little consistency. Shown flashes, yes. I think Kyle still willing to develop Dante.

Very similar to CJ Beathard, where he's neither here nor there.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Mmm... no.

He virtually has no trade value with so little consistency. Shown flashes, yes. I think Kyle still willing to develop Dante.

Very similar to CJ Beathard, where he's neither here nor there.

Since I personally can't read Kyle's mind I'll just roll with it and if he gets traded I'll be 100% okay with it.
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

I mean, I wouldn't mind getting that day 3 pick back.

If Kyle wants to take the L and admit it was a bad draft selection then fine, take whatever you can get for him. But he's young, he's flashed, and doesn't hurt the cap. Just continue to develop him and if he puts it together then the team is rewarded for being patient.
trade him to the bears for jeffery

Disagree, he's had 1 mental mistake this season, he's looked good the other plays. The 2 targets weren't his fault on Sunday in WASH, he was under thrown, and Jimmy made a bad read that led to a INT by Troy Apke, a good play by the DB. I don't get why people think he was or is in Kyle's doghouse, he had a hamstring injury week 1, that's why he didn't play much.
Share 49ersWebzone