LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I don't know if the INT was completely on Pettis. Tough catch to make with two defenders right there.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Here is a sign of maybe more good things to come from pettis..... Jimmy G targeted Pettis twice in those intense moments.

It's where we really miss Trent Taylor. He was money on 3rd down with Jimmy

Truth.
Kyle on Pettis: "extremely impressed"

Pettis:

Congrats to the posters who predicted that he would come up big this game.
I noticed that Pettis was in once we got 1st and goal before Wilson's second TD. And of course he was in on the final drive. You need a guy like Pettis that can get open against tight man coverage in the red zone.
"It was nice. I didn't get to see it all clean. I know it didn't come out right away. We tried to hurry up and snap it really quick. I know we had a guy in the flat and Dante running a stick route right on the goal line. It looked like he beat the guy on the inside and, from what I saw, I think the corner tried to fall back in and Dante just stepping back to it, from what I saw, was huge. Because it's not like it was a play that got him wide open or anything. He ran a real good route, but they had two guys fall back in and just to have the aggressive hands like that in that situation was, looked like that's why we scored."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128630-transcript-shanahan-discusses-steelers-garoppolo-juszczyk-justin-verrett/
If he hadn't came back a step up to the ball, I don't think that would have been a completion. You can see the two defenders took each other out after he stepped out of the endzone to catch and then back in for the TD

Very good attacking the ball
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 22, 2019 at 9:12 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Coming up big on the biggest play of the season so far. Would like to see more of Pettis, especially in the red zone

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Hopefully grabbing the game winning TD becomes the confidence booster that wakes him up. He's too talented to be contained for much longer.

I'm pulling for El Gato. That play that won the game is, I hope, the confidence booster that you both say it is. I know he's supposedly had motivation issues, and I hope it was more of a health and injury issue than a mental issue. But I do hope this is a sign of better things for him and an arrow up, because we'll need him in the Rams games and beyond.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Coming up big on the biggest play of the season so far. Would like to see more of Pettis, especially in the red zone

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Hopefully grabbing the game winning TD becomes the confidence booster that wakes him up. He's too talented to be contained for much longer.

I'm pulling for El Gato. That play that won the game is, I hope, the confidence booster that you both say it is. I know he's supposedly had motivation issues, and I hope it was more of a health and injury issue than a mental issue. But I do hope this is a sign of better things for him and an arrow up, because we'll need him in the Rams games and beyond.

I never saw the motivation "issues". He was on the field a ton the first two games, blocking like a madman when called on, and throwing that neat pass against the Bengals. I think it could be Jimmy G. trust issues, or Shanny wanting to see what he had with Deebo, or defenses just focusing on Pettis. Every time I've seen him, it seems like there's two defenders on him.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
"It was nice. I didn't get to see it all clean. I know it didn't come out right away. We tried to hurry up and snap it really quick. I know we had a guy in the flat and Dante running a stick route right on the goal line. It looked like he beat the guy on the inside and, from what I saw, I think the corner tried to fall back in and Dante just stepping back to it, from what I saw, was huge. Because it's not like it was a play that got him wide open or anything. He ran a real good route, but they had two guys fall back in and just to have the aggressive hands like that in that situation was, looked like that's why we scored."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128630-transcript-shanahan-discusses-steelers-garoppolo-juszczyk-justin-verrett/

The best part is the lack of aggressive hands were what Kyle called out on that double coverage knockdown by the DB at the goal line in pre season...that pass from JG. THIS TIME he attacked the ball and won the game. Great sign. And for JG to trust him there where up to that point, he didn't deserve it, could be huge for both players chemistry going forward.
The potential of all these young WRs excite me, especially Pettis and Deebo
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
The best part is the lack of aggressive hands were what Kyle called out on that double coverage knockdown by the DB at the goal line in pre season...that pass from JG. THIS TIME he attacked the ball and won the game. Great sign. And for JG to trust him there where up to that point, he didn't deserve it, could be huge for both players chemistry going forward.

What goes through your mind when they call that play and you know it is coming your way?

"Let's go. This is what we work for. If you don't want to be in that moment, if you don't want the ball right there, you shouldn't be playing sports. That is kind of what you live for."

[ Edited by Zealot on Sep 23, 2019 at 5:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone