There are 272 users in the forums

49ers select WR Dante Pettis in 2nd round

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,988
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Chief:
I like Petis and want him to succeed... But anyone that goes into a zoo with a $3000 camera and zoom lens too take pictures of animals is a tool.

lolol, he did that?

First thing he did in Denver.

SMH
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,400
Straight up, this dude just wants to play football but have fun like he did in college (grow the f*** up bruh).

I don't think he wants pressure/expectation of being #1...perfectly fine with someone else taking all the spotlight in that regards.

Just be sure to look at his social media tho, he like it if you give his posts likes, favs, heart and cat emojis or whatever the f***
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Chief:
I like Petis and want him to succeed... But anyone that goes into a zoo with a $3000 camera and zoom lens too take pictures of animals is a tool.

lolol, he did that?

First thing he did in Denver.

SMH

what's wrong with photography? Goodwin does it as well....freaking Myles Garnett writes poetry and loves dinosaurs lol.

ya'll need to calm down with what a guy does in his free time, as long as it's nothing illegal or derogatory who gives a f**k.
Originally posted by cciowa:
the way i see it. he is not even the third best guy on the team behind deebo goodwin and james

explain? He played more snaps than anyone last game...was he not getting open? IF he wasn't could you show me? His blocking helped that run game go wild last Sunday.

He's clearly not on the same page with Jimmy G. It's a work in progress, not only with him but all of these young WRs. They need continuity with the QB, trust. It's a reason why Taylor is important. Him and Jimmy are on the same page. His skill set of getting open quickly is something JG loves and will be a HUGE asset while Joe is out.

Pettis has talked about having to tighten up his strides and routes. He reminds me a little of Stevie Johnson, in the sense that his routes are a little unorthodox....it's only yr two not everything is continual progress, there's peaks and valleys. He will get it.
All you Fantasy Football players better start Pettis this week. He's gonna go off this week.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
All you Fantasy Football players better start Pettis this week. He's gonna go off this week.

I hope so. I would love to see Pettis and Kittle this week get over 100 receiving yards each.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
All you Fantasy Football players better start Pettis this week. He's gonna go off this week.

I hope so. I would love to see Pettis and Kittle this week get over 100 receiving yards each.

Steelers plays a lot of man and none of their CBs are good enough to stick with Pettis and his route running. I also think KS will feature Pettis this week knowing their defense will key on Kittle and stopping the run.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Steelers plays a lot of man and none of their CBs are good enough to stick with Pettis and his route running. I also think KS will feature Pettis this week knowing their defense will key on Kittle and stopping the run.

Their LBers aren't very good in coverage thru two weeks as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Their LBers aren't very good in coverage thru two weeks as well.

True....Kittle is still gonna get his one way or the other. Best TE in the league.
Originally posted by Chief:
I like Petis and want him to succeed... But anyone that goes into a zoo with a $3000 camera and zoom lens too take pictures of animals is a tool.

Why does that bother you so much?

Myles Garrett is into friggin dinosaurs for crying out loud. Nobody gives a sh*t as long as he's killing QBs. Pretty sure if Jurassic Park was a real thing Garrett would be there with a camera too.

I'd rather have our players go to the zoo to take pictures than to hit up the clubs and beat their partners.

Tools of what or whom?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,592
Give the kid a chance - he'll come out of it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the way i see it. he is not even the third best guy on the team behind deebo goodwin and james

explain? He played more snaps than anyone last game...was he not getting open? IF he wasn't could you show me? His blocking helped that run game go wild last Sunday.

He's clearly not on the same page with Jimmy G. It's a work in progress, not only with him but all of these young WRs. They need continuity with the QB, trust. It's a reason why Taylor is important. Him and Jimmy are on the same page. His skill set of getting open quickly is something JG loves and will be a HUGE asset while Joe is out.

Pettis has talked about having to tighten up his strides and routes. He reminds me a little of Stevie Johnson, in the sense that his routes are a little unorthodox....it's only yr two not everything is continual progress, there's peaks and valleys. He will get it.

Agree with all of this. Thanks, NY.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
All you Fantasy Football players better start Pettis this week. He's gonna go off this week.

Dropped him and cut my losses. Still have Deebo and Marquise
why the heck did we let Tedd Ginn Jr and Delanie Walker go.
Share 49erswebzone