LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
explain? He played more snaps than anyone last game...was he not getting open? IF he wasn't could you show me? His blocking helped that run game go wild last Sunday.

He's clearly not on the same page with Jimmy G. It's a work in progress, not only with him but all of these young WRs. They need continuity with the QB, trust. It's a reason why Taylor is important. Him and Jimmy are on the same page. His skill set of getting open quickly is something JG loves and will be a HUGE asset while Joe is out.

Pettis has talked about having to tighten up his strides and routes. He reminds me a little of Stevie Johnson, in the sense that his routes are a little unorthodox....it's only yr two not everything is continual progress, there's peaks and valleys. He will get it.

Excellent post!

Played more Z snaps which are Bourne's old run blocking looks. But featured? Nope, that's Kittle and Deebo at the X plus some Goodwin/James.

I doubt this changes because it's perfectly in line with last years game plans/distribution of the rock. Pettis should continue to see lots of "snaps" but I doubt we see him featured like last year by Kyle unless there's a great mismatch.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 21, 2019 at 6:43 AM ]
I get the feel kitty gonna have a good game against the Steelers.

Don't let me down Dante
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Don't let me down Dante

He's already been ruled out.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Played more Z snaps which are Bourne's old run blocking looks. But featured? Nope, that's Kittle and Deebo at the X plus some Goodwin/James.

I doubt this changes because it's perfectly in line with last years game plans/distribution of the rock. Pettis should continue to see lots of "snaps" but I doubt we see him featured like last year by Kyle unless there's a great mismatch.

Don't let me down Dante

I have a feeling this might be Dante's game. The last two games he was nonexistent, I have a feeling Kyle's been hiding him for the Pittsburg game.

I think if he doesnt have at least *some* production in this game, it means either hes just not motivated or hes still seriously injured and nobody is talking about it.
[ Edited by Giedi on Sep 21, 2019 at 6:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
I have a feeling this might be Dante's game. The last two games he was nonexistent, I have a feeling Kyle's been hiding him for the Pittsburg game.

I think if he doesnt have at least *some* production in this game, it means either hes just not motivated or hes still seriously injured and nobody is talking about it.

You've got 14 games to keep saying this so one of them is bound to be right!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 22, 2019 at 3:10 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Don't let me down Dante

It better be his game - he hasn't done squat s**t so far.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Meow or never for the Cat.

FTFY

lol
He's already been ruled out.

Agree

You've got 14 games to keep saying this so one of them is bound to right!
Yep just keep throwing it out there sooner or later you can say " I told you He would have a good Game"

Not sure he simply has the want as much as he should, to be as good as he could be. Talent itself doesn't make it in the NFL. It's sad - but he should have had the desire coming into the league. If you have to teach that - it's going to be very hard for the person to be great.
Originally posted by deepniner:
Not sure he simply has the want as much as he should, to be as good as he could be. Talent itself doesn't make it in the NFL. It's sad - but he should have had the desire coming into the league. If you have to teach that - it's going to be very hard for the person to be great.

Feel like FO should've known this if they were gonna move up for him...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by deepniner:

Feel like FO should've known this if they were gonna move up for him...

You figure desire would be in most of these players - it's a shame that they had to learn it too late, after these guys have already been drafted.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 21, 2019 at 9:45 PM ]
He'll be fine. It's going to be harder because of the type of guys that are around him who have that dog in him, but it's not like he's going to wash out of the league. What will be interesting is to see how he responds as the games become more meaningful. How he responds when the team loses a game they should have won or if they don't go to him in a critical moment where he knows he can beat the guy that will be defending him, etc.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
So, the reason he hasn't seen much snaps is because of injury or performance?
Share 49ersWebzone