There are 249 users in the forums

49ers select WR Dante Pettis in 2nd round

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by WINiner:
You don't spend a 2 on a WR and then spend a 2 and a 3 on a wr the next year if you are rock solid sure your 1st year #2 was a hit. Shanahan/Lynch have questions about Pettis make no mistake, and are not at all convinced he tha man.

I think drafting 2 WR were more for the lost of Garcon and the injured Taylor, he didn't look good last season after the back injury.

Don't think Dante were their concern at all.

I disagree. I think the coaching staff saw a soft side of Pettis they hadn't expected after he was drafted. There is a reason Debo and Hurd are both dawg type mentalities this year.
You don't spend a 2 on a WR and then spend a 2 and a 3 on a wr the next year if you are rock solid sure your 1st year #2 was a hit. Shanahan/Lynch have questions about Pettis make no mistake, and are not at all convinced he tha man.

I think drafting 2 WR were more for the lost of Garcon and the injured Taylor, he didn't look good last season after the back injury.

I disagree. I think the coaching staff saw a soft side of Pettis they hadn't expected after he was drafted. There is a reason Debo and Hurd are both dawg type mentalities this year.

Dante Pettis's rookie year stats beat Antonio Brown's rookie stats across the board. I'll continue this conversation after Dante's second season. (I do not expect him to match AB's second year stats. I never expect anybody to beat AB's second year stats. That's an awfully high bar for which to reach.)
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Deevah's drafting really tells me that Marquis Good "as gone" win!!

Hurd - we needed his size inside the RED ZONE.. we needed that..

TOO TALL TOILOLO and BULLSEYE POINTDEXTER also tells you that we are looking for that size..

I wasn't concerned at all with Dante but it seems there's a lot of smoke around the stories of him being challenged in camp. Why? Why does he need to be challenged? He has a ton of talent and maybe it's only camp/preseason and once week 1 rolls around he's fine but Idk now. Maybe I'm reading to many negative articles about him. It's all about drops and being pushed around. I hope it's just talk and with Hurd and Deebo here maybe we don't need him to be super physical but at least catch the rock. I like this kid and am looking forward to watching him grow in this offense I just hope he has the right mentality or at least enough of it to be successful.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:

I wasn't concerned at all with Dante but it seems there's a lot of smoke around the stories of him being challenged in camp. Why? Why does he need to be challenged? He has a ton of talent and maybe it's only camp/preseason and once week 1 rolls around he's fine but Idk now. Maybe I'm reading to many negative articles about him. It's all about drops and being pushed around. I hope it's just talk and with Hurd and Deebo here maybe we don't need him to be super physical but at least catch the rock. I like this kid and am looking forward to watching him grow in this offense I just hope he has the right mentality or at least enough of it to be successful.

I believe Pettis has all the talent in the world and Kyle thinks that a 1000 yd. only season would be disappointing. He expects more from Pettis. He needs more from Pettis.

Tell me that wasn't you tweeting about this same thing in that exchange...

Considering how little production we got from the WR position it would've been idiotic to just put all our eggs in Dante's basket, especially when 2-3 WRs are out there at the same time quite often.
Originally posted by genus49:

Considering how little production we got from the WR position it would've been idiotic to just put all our eggs in Dante's basket, especially when 2-3 WRs are out there at the same time quite often.

Yeah, it was smart to draft Deebo/Hurd even with Pettis, we can't count on 1 WR, I doubt Shanahan and Lynch have doubts about Pettis.

We cut Garcon, only signed Matthews, who isn't GTD a spot, and Taylor has been hurt, so drafting/adding WRs was a must.
Originally posted by 9moon:

TOO TALL TOILOLO and BULLSEYE POINTDEXTER also tells you that we are looking for that size..

Goodwin isn't going anywhere, no one else has his speed on the roster.

Poindexter is a Practice Squader at best.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Goodwin isn't going anywhere, no one else has his speed on the roster.

Poindexter is a Practice Squader at best.

I agree - Goodwin is our speed factor, we don't have any other WR on the roster with his speed.
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK, that was an odd hard right turn.

Twitter wars are fun.

Colin sounds like a loser

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by genus49:

Yeah, it was smart to draft Deebo/Hurd even with Pettis, we can't count on 1 WR, I doubt Shanahan and Lynch have doubts about Pettis.

We cut Garcon, only signed Matthews, who isn't GTD a spot, and Taylor has been hurt, so drafting/adding WRs was a must.

2 I agree,Shanny is pushing Pettis because Shanny knows dante has not even brought His best out yet,we have seen just a portionof his talents but Shanny knows there is a whole lot more that Dante is capable of and Shanny wants it out and on display EVERY GAME...Now we seen how he just breaks ankles and make guys look stupid even when he is the decoy and there are GUYS on here complaining that Pettis is meh or soft or weak?
Nothing wrong with pushing a player. Everyone is wired a little different and some players get a little lazy and fall back on their talent. They need to be reminded that everyone out there has talent and they need to constantly push themselves to get better. Jerry Rice always said that he felt that was his strongest trait. He always felt he could get better no matter how many catches or TDs he made. He never felt like he played his best game.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Nothing wrong with pushing a player. Everyone is wired a little different and some players get a little lazy and fall back on their talent. They need to be reminded that everyone out there has talent and they need to constantly push themselves to get better. Jerry Rice always said that he felt that was his strongest trait. He always felt he could get better no matter how many catches or TDs he made. He never felt like he played his best game.

Yep, Jamarcus Russell had a crazy good work ethic too
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK, that was an odd hard right turn.

Twitter wars are fun.

The "being outplayed by 2 rookies" narrative is f**king retarded.

No one in their right mind who watches NFL should not expect Pettis to look like one of the top 3 WR's in the game.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

He got destroyed. As he should.
Share 49erswebzone