LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Everyone was calling Hurd a project but by the looks of things, he might be starting sooner than later with Deebo.

Hurd can't do what deebo and pettis do. they are all different wrs which makes this really cool to watch. throw in taylor as well.

Err, Deebo can do it all. He is our most talented all purpose type of WR.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
hmmmmm... Sun Screen losing CONFY??
Anybody else think, among other things, that it's about time for Pettis to show up and justify all the hype ? Still waiting!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the problem here is that everyone think Sun Screen's a ONE, when he really is only a very good TWO..

the guy is very promising, but he's NOT POLISHED so don't expect him to always put on a show.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Anybody else think, among other things, that it's about time for Pettis to show up and justify all the hype ? Still waiting!
Meow
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Originally posted by 9moon:
the problem here is that everyone think Sun Screen's a ONE, when he really is only a very good TWO..

the guy is very promising, but he's NOT POLISHED so don't expect him to always put on a show.

He doesn't always have to put on a show. I'm not sure anyone was expecting Jerry Rice like sophomore season from Pettis...or at least non delusional people.

I do think people are sleeping on Pettis after Cohn's PR campaign.

Once the games that matter start up and we're actually game planning Dante is going to make his name heard.
Originally posted by genus49:

He doesn't always have to put on a show. I'm not sure anyone was expecting Jerry Rice like sophomore season from Pettis...or at least non delusional people.

Once the games that matter start up and we're actually game planning Dante is going to make his name heard.

I hope people realize he had the MOST YAC out of any wrs last year at 9.8 yards after catch I believe. He also was told in separation per route run among all rookies and possibly any We for that matter. That is a serious damn weapon. He may only get 65 catches but I bet that translates to 900 yards and 8 tds
I'm not worried about Pettis, he definitely strikes me as someone who will perform better in real games when it matters.

I do think he's better suited in the slot though and that doesn't look like happening.

I'm backing him to be very good, but let's see.
The hype was too much. Setting up for an underwhelming year. Its like that time Niners fans hyped up Rashard Robinson, and then he flopped in the 2nd year

Originally posted by genus49:

This all day. How do people, "Show up" in practice and preseason? The don't. Lots of guys sit these games and do just fine while others light up the preseason and then watch the games that matter from the pine. You show up on the stats they put in the record books and neither practice or preseason count on those.
Not worried about the P-Man.

He's going to be a weapon.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
The hype was too much. Setting up for an underwhelming year. Its like that time Niners fans hyped up Rashard Robinson, and then he flopped in the 2nd year

WELL, you know, we got fans here that fully believe every promising players are SUPERSTARS overnight. .
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

WELL, you know, we got fans here that fully believe every promising players are SUPERSTARS overnight. .

Is that the same as SUPER DUPER STARS? Still unclear on this...
Share 49ersWebzone