LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Nobody in here was begging him to get all big and muscle bound, but you don't get stronger AND faster by shaving or rubbing cream on your legs...adding a couple pounds of lean muscle to his legs wasn't going to slow him down

Even Pettis himself realizes what a few pounds feels like...

"Pettis feels his legs are stronger since he's bulked up from 188 pounds to 197 pounds, his ideal weight for this season."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/06/05/whats-wes-welker-key-coaching-point-for-49ers-dante-pettis/amp/
I'm so pumped for this season. Really hoping we finally get some luck in the health department to see this young group play together and grow together.

Pettis is not your typical football player but Vernon Davis had his share of interests and nobody questioned him(until Chancellor took his soul) but seems like cuz Dante is a little more vocal about his non football interests and his slim build and blue/pink hair he's somehow seen as soft.

Clearly he's working on himself as a football player even though it's not all over his social media. I'm excited to see him grow this season and I think he's going to have a big year assuming he and Jimmy stay healthy.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm so pumped for this season. Really hoping we finally get some luck in the health department to see this young group play together and grow together.

Pettis is not your typical football player but Vernon Davis had his share of interests and nobody questioned him(until Chancellor took his soul) but seems like cuz Dante is a little more vocal about his non football interests and his slim build and blue/pink hair he's somehow seen as soft.

Clearly he's working on himself as a football player even though it's not all over his social media. I'm excited to see him grow this season and I think he's going to have a big year assuming he and Jimmy stay healthy.

Meh I think we just poking fun and messing around about the kid, I'll speak for myself and say that's what it is for me. More power to him for being who he is no matter the environment. End of day we all root for the same team and what matters most is what the players do on the field.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by genus49:

Meh I think we just poking fun and messing around about the kid, I'll speak for myself and say that's what it is for me. More power to him for being who he is no matter the environment. End of day we all root for the same team and what matters most is what the players do on the field.

If you say so :)
Dante on adding more weight and strength, working on contested passes, punt returns, consistent routes, Wes's influence, etc. Good stuff. Good kid.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Dante on adding more weight and strength, working on contested passes, punt returns, consistent routes, Wes's influence, etc. Good stuff. Good kid.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

He is a great kid... and highly entertaining too.
  • dj43

He's 10 pounds heavier now than last season. 197 vs 187. That will help.
Nice Q&A. Seems like guy who puts in the work to get better. Also Didn't seem like a guy scared to return punts .
Originally posted by dj43:

Heavy Pettis.
[ Edited by Zealot on Jun 7, 2019 at 12:33 PM ]

Originally posted by Zealot:

Heavy Pettis.

Big Cat !

He certainly didn't seem too excited about it either IMHO but I do hope he wins over Taylor and others and he killed the narrative that Kyle is protecting skill positions from return duties. Glad he recognized his weaknesses in size/strength and contested (attacking) catches and needing more consistency in his routes. Narratives confirmed. Good for him!
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Originally posted by Zealot:

Heavy Pettis.

Big Cat !

He's more like Puss in Boots. Can slice and dice like the best, but just flamboyant enough to make you wonder 🤔

He certainly didn't seem too excited about it either IMHO but I do hope he wins over Taylor and others and he killed the narrative that Kyle is protecting skill positions from return duties. Glad he recognized his weaknesses in size/strength and contested (attacking) catches and needing more consistency in his routes. Narratives confirmed. Good for him!

Glad he confirmed it was kyles call and not that he was scared. Also glad to see what a hard worker he is and a guy that takes in what his coaches give him and uses that to improve
Share 49ersWebzone