LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by genus49:
The idea that Pettis is scared to get hit is still stupid to me. Is his strength being that possession receiver who can go in the middle and hold onto the ball as he's getting lit up? No...

But he's a fuking WR in the NFL as eccentric as he is he was one of the best punt returners in NCAA, I don't buy for a second that he's "afraid" of getting hit. Some players feed off the physical game and actually get some kind of high off getting hit/hitting the defenders trying to tackle them. Pettis clearly isn't like that and there's nothing wrong with that.

The Rams receivers in their Greatest Show on Turf days caught the ball and pretty much fell to the ground. Marvin Harrison had a HOF career doing the same for the Colts. If you're getting open and getting the first down it doesn't matter. We all love the plays where a guy catches the ball then runs through several tackles on his way for the TD. How many of us love the plays where a guy catches the ball, gets hit - fumbles or gets injured?

Using Pettis like Anquan Boldin doesn't make sense for anyone. Making it seem like Pettis isn't very good because of that is a stretch.

He is good. He's just not a dog like your Boldin reference. The stark contrast in mindset and physicality between he and players like Garcon, Deebo and Boldin are obvious. His own comments here back it up. The film here backs it up. It seems like you're having a hard time recognizing who he is. That doesn't mean he won't be great in his X role but going forward, you can expect him to bow out as a returner, alligator-arm passes and struggle with contested catches. But like NY85 said, that's not why he was brought in. He was brought in to provide a more dynamic skill set from the slot and groom into being an X opposite of a dog like Garcon/Deebo.

No one is saying they don't know what kind of receiver he is and what his strengths are they are calling b******t on your scared, weak mindset, lack of heart/dedication/commitment/toughness comments lol. It's pretty clear what people are challenging you on, but you seem move the goalposts to make it appear they are challenging you on something different or that you said something different.

LOL. Perfect gif. My bad. Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle. Pettis is Boldin. Boldin IS Pettis!

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by genus49:
The idea that Pettis is scared to get hit is still stupid to me. Is his strength being that possession receiver who can go in the middle and hold onto the ball as he's getting lit up? No...

But he's a fuking WR in the NFL as eccentric as he is he was one of the best punt returners in NCAA, I don't buy for a second that he's "afraid" of getting hit. Some players feed off the physical game and actually get some kind of high off getting hit/hitting the defenders trying to tackle them. Pettis clearly isn't like that and there's nothing wrong with that.

The Rams receivers in their Greatest Show on Turf days caught the ball and pretty much fell to the ground. Marvin Harrison had a HOF career doing the same for the Colts. If you're getting open and getting the first down it doesn't matter. We all love the plays where a guy catches the ball then runs through several tackles on his way for the TD. How many of us love the plays where a guy catches the ball, gets hit - fumbles or gets injured?

Using Pettis like Anquan Boldin doesn't make sense for anyone. Making it seem like Pettis isn't very good because of that is a stretch.

He is good. He's just not a dog like your Boldin reference. The stark contrast in mindset and physicality between he and players like Garcon, Deebo and Boldin are obvious. His own comments here back it up. The film here backs it up. It seems like you're having a hard time recognizing who he is. That doesn't mean he won't be great in his X role but going forward, you can expect him to bow out as a returner, alligator-arm passes and struggle with contested catches. But like NY85 said, that's not why he was brought in. He was brought in to provide a more dynamic skill set from the slot and groom into being an X opposite of a dog like Garcon/Deebo.

No one is saying they don't know what kind of receiver he is and what his strengths are they are calling b******t on your scared, weak mindset, lack of heart/dedication/commitment/toughness comments lol. It's pretty clear what people are challenging you on, but you seem move the goalposts to make it appear they are challenging you on something different or that you said something different.

LOL. Perfect gif. My bad. Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle. Pettis is Boldin. Boldin IS Pettis!

LOL. Your gif is perfect for this.

[ Edited by NCommand on May 22, 2019 at 6:58 PM ]
LOL. You gif is perfect for this.

Take this route right here and stick it outside the numbers. It would be a SE running a slant(he's on the LOS). That is freaking sick get off and footwork. This SOB can play any WR position. Again the outside the number/inside the number is a bogus narrative.
It makes sense though given where he lined up and played in college. Outside the numbers with less room to work, avoiding being run out of bounds by CB's, timing of throws outside the numbers vs. inside, less room to navigate, etc. I would imagine most would feel more comfortable inside esp. when lining up without press, etc. I think top speed helps outside like with Goodwin and physicality (Deebo).

College is a different animal though. The boundary side is smaller because the hash marks are wider.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:

Take this route right here and stick it outside the numbers. It would be a SE running a slant(he's on the LOS). That is freaking sick get off and footwork. This SOB can play any WR position. Again the outside the number/inside the number is a bogus narrative.
He can be a number 1 WR for us. I agree. It's just a matter now of him and Jimmy getting on the same page and both staying healthy.

You see that p***y avoid the safety to get to the end zone? Pathetic
It makes sense though given where he lined up and played in college. Outside the numbers with less room to work, avoiding being run out of bounds by CB's, timing of throws outside the numbers vs. inside, less room to navigate, etc. I would imagine most would feel more comfortable inside esp. when lining up without press, etc. I think top speed helps outside like with Goodwin and physicality (Deebo).

College is a different animal though. The boundary side is smaller because the hash marks are wider.

True true.

He totally would have alligator-armed that if the SS was closer to the LOS about to wax him like a 54 year old grandma at a Kellen Winslow party.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 22, 2019 at 6:58 PM ]

Not that that stat exists but I'd love to see that split. I do think it's a different game and skill set outside especially at the NFL level. But as to Pettis himself, there's a reason Kyle wanted him to learn all 3 positions. He's just getting started!

9 TD's as returner...haha...won't use. #scared

Nice ode to T.O.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 22, 2019 at 7:27 PM ]
Not that that stat exists but I'd love to see that split. I do think it's a different game and skill set outside especially at the NFL level. But as to Pettis himself, there's a reason Kyle wanted him to learn all 3 positions. He's just getting started!

9 TD's as returner...haha...won't use. #scared

Nice ode to T.O.

Well that s**t can't be real.....he caught a TD outside the numbers. I thought you had to be 6'7" to do that kinda s**t.

Seriously though, this f**ker is a stud. It's gonna be fun watching him moved around all the formations.

He does kinda shy away from the head taps from Glinch #p***y
[ Edited by Niners816 on May 22, 2019 at 7:39 PM ]

Since Pettis is scared, maybe this guy can take his torch?

How is Pettis scared of returning kicks or punts?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Since Pettis is scared, maybe this guy can take his torch?

How is Pettis scared of returning kicks or punts?

He meant the coaches were scared to use him?

Real men get tackled short of the goal line. That's what counts gentlemen.

You can see it coming, when we go back to winning, they are going to call us a "finesse team" again.
Well that s**t can't be real.....he caught a TD outside the numbers. I thought you had to be 6'7" to do that kinda s**t.

Seriously though, this f**ker is a stud. It's gonna be fun watching him moved around all the formations.

It's big, lovable teddy bears like that that will give you brain trauma!
#longcareer
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on May 23, 2019 at 6:33 AM ]

Yeah but he started inside (more field to work with). LOL @ that last line. Haha
Share 49ersWebzone