There are 208 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Garcon insurance and future replacement.

Yay another midget Taylor clone
Originally posted by jcs:
There's an article out there about KS and WR's. Basically says he has specific roles for guys. A Burner, a fighter and a guy who can move the chains. I'll look for it but based on these requirements it's easy to see Garcon as the fighter and Goodwin the burner. I'm not sure Pettis is the guy who's going to beat CB's up for the ball.

Pettis is someone they can play on the outside and in the slot, legit vertical threat who played with a noodle armed QB.

I think Shanahan will definitely take advantage of his ability to stretch the field vertically.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

6'1" is a midget?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
???? a real head scratcher pick with so much talent still on the board, and to trade UP? It will be interesting to hear Kyle's reasoning for all of this

You can think all you want. But the truth is Kyle wanted him obviously a lot more than any other receiver and I would bet money other teams did too you're basing everything off of what you like and what Kuiper and Daniel Jeremiah tells you
I mentioned this in the draft forum but just like McGlinchey had the highest Wonderlic score at tackle, Pettis had the highest Wonderlic score at WR.

I wonder if that is something that carries more weight in their overhauled evaluation metrics.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by susweel:
Big time reach much better players were on the board. Smdh

Not a fan of the pick personally but....

Reach?

Got a pic of Lynch's draft board because you draft based on your own boards value not Kiper, McShays or Mayocks.

Internet told me he was a day 3 pick, 14th ranked wr in the draft.

Who cares what people on the internet think... what our staff thinks is what matters and obviously they think pretty highly of him to trade up and assure they got him.
Can't knock the pick of a receiver much. I wanted a young guy that could come in and be our 3rd receiver and we may have that guy. For those more familiar with Pettis, how does he compare to Calvin Ridley and Anthony Miller?

To the posters knocking this pick, what were your thoughts on our signing of Garcon and Goodwin last year? Even the drafting of Trent Taylor? If we throw in Georgie Kittle, I'd say Shanahan is 4-1 with his pass catchers right now ( Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Kittle and Aldrick Robinson as the lone receiver that did not pan out). He probably deserves to more Ws for immediately dropping the dead weight in Vance McDonald and Torrey Smith, both of whom did absolutely nothing last year. Whether he would've been available at 59, we'll never know, but I'll wait and see before judging the pick. The punt returns are only an added bonus because Taylor did have some moments that made me a little nervous.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

6'1" is a midget?

6'1 where I've seen 6ft 186lbs undersized also
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Love this guy!

That makes two of us … although I'd imagine this pick will not be appreciated.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm excited to watch him return punts.

6'1 where I've seen 6ft 186lbs undersized also

He measured 6'1" at the Combine. That isn't midget or anything. For further information on him check out Hero's excellent thread in the draft forum.
great pick

now lets get some defense
Worth checking out Hero's thread about Pettis.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/189909-dante-pettis-wr-washington/

I see a lot of bubble screens in his future
Share 49ersWebzone