LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
2016 - 15 TDs receiving, 2 punt returns
2017 - 7 TDs receiving, 4 punt returns

Big play guy, get him the ball and he's a threat to bust it.

He had 9 punt return tds. Broke desaun Jackson record by 2

college careers - 1 2014, 2 2015 - 9 total
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Apr 28, 2018 at 12:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yay another midget Taylor clone

swing and a miss, good try

lol

Missed kick into a flop. I'm impressed.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Looks like he's a fan of Mcgregor lol

its the bernie dance...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice pic should play opposite Garcon with Goodwin in the slot.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
its the bernie dance...

No it's not. He's walking lol
Pettis is going to ball out and like others have said, I believe he's the heir apparent to Garçon. Be happy guys. Dudes a super polished receiver with a lot of nuance to his gane, he has big time speed, nice leaping ability, he has the production to back up the traits, and he is the all-time leader for punt return tds. What's there not to like?
[ Edited by UCLA9er on Apr 28, 2018 at 2:07 AM ]
I really like the pick.

I can't believe year after year people get hung up on "where someone should have gone" in the draft. According to who? Not the Niners! People get so mentally locked in to these projections. The team knows what they are looking for.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by UCLA9er:
Pettis is going to ball out and like others have said, I believe he's the heir apparent to Garçon. Be happy guys. Dudes a super polished receiver with a lot of nuance to his gane, he has big time speed, nice leaping ability, he has the production to back up the traits, and he is the all-time leader for punt return tds. What's there not to like?

Add another 10 pounds and get stronger and he'll be a monster.
Originally posted by Furlow:
I'm warming up to this pick.

Some great hands there!
Individually he might add value to ur pass attack and punt returns. Problem is our d is below average in many areas. And we had a chance to address these weaknesses but chose to enhance our mediocre receiving corps instead. So not sure that was the priority. Id rather have 6 more team sacks and 10 more hurries than last year than a 11 yard punt return average and an extra punt return td.

• 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hopefully this means we see a lot less of Trent Taylor now

Yeah it really sucked watching him get free and convert third down after third down as a rookie 5th round pick lol
Slight frame checking in at 186 at the combine at 6'1". Kyle claims he's great against man press but almost all I could find, he had plenty of space to work in off. Facing Sherman and Witherspoon daily will help with that. Strengths already covered.

Weaknesses
Production was inconsistent in stretches
Had six of his seven receiving touchdowns against Fresno State and Oregon State
May need to alter route speeds a little more on the pro level
Tends to hint about underneath routes with lack of vertical push
Physical cornerbacks throw him off his game
Needs to keep adding muscle and play strength to his slight frame
Can do better job of stacking cornerbacks once he has them beat
Scouts say he lacks an alpha personality and some question his long speed

"Really good with his routes. He was better last year when he had John Ross on the other side getting so much attention. He's not incredibly fast which is why his punt return production is so impressive. He has a great feel for it." -- NFC team West Coast scout

Basically, he's a taller version of Taylor Gabriel/Aldrick Robinson in this offense in that he'll be moved all around between the X, Y & Z. He'll probably be worked in slowly given we have pretty defined roles for Garcon, Taylor (3rd down machine) and Goodwin. A year in diet and weight room will help. Refined route runner.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Koldo:
Be prepared to see this guy being abused by Peters and Talib.

No kidding, the kid is literally skin and bones, he will get killed by Peters and Talib. Just one good hit will get it done and he will probably do a Borland.
Lmao some of you guys are funny.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Be prepared to see this guy being abused by Peters and Talib.

No kidding, the kid is literally skin and bones, he will get killed by Peters and Talib. Just one good hit will get it done and he will probably do a Borland.

Can't kill him if he runs past them
Share 49ersWebzone