LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
He can come back, but not for his current market price. I'm sure some team will overspend, but he should not make more than 10 mil a year with us.

Tare the comp pick. We are going to need great players on rookie deals.
The chances of finding a day 1 starter in the 3rd round or later is very unlikely. The two questions we should be asking ourselves is. Do we have an in house replacement? Who in FA is better than MM that we can get for around the same price?
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The chances of finding a day 1 starter in the 3rd round or later is very unlikely. The two questions we should be asking ourselves is. Do we have an in house replacement? Who in FA is better than MM that we can get for around the same price?

Agreed, but McGlinchey just isn't the answer so I would still want to draft a FEW rookie hoping one sticks otherwise like you said, who do we have? I don't think anyone, and Moore has been bad right? FA will mean $$ so, does that make even fit?

Absolutely. The hope is you get a promising rookie and you need Burford to step up so that said rookie can more so focus on outside rushes.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Absolutely. The hope is you get a promising rookie and you need Burford to step up so that said rookie can more so focus on outside rushes.

I hope Burford is ready to roll next season. He did well and improved as the season went so imo its looking good. Center and RT are huge a ? as is depth.
  • dj43
Jermaine Eluemunor of the Raiders is one possibility. He had an excellent year this past season, much better than he was in the previous four years when he was a below-average OT. He is a huge man (6'4", 345) and better in the power game than zone. Spotrac projects his market value at $5.6M/ as compared to MM at $10.7M/yr. So, that makes him cheaper but only because he has nothing close to the same level of play as MM.
Colton McKivitz is going to most likely be our right tackle. I was hoping Burford would slide over to right tackle or even Brunskill but either way we are covered when Mike McGlinchey gets offered to much money from another team
Originally posted by dj43:
Jermaine Eluemunor of the Raiders is one possibility. He had an excellent year this past season, much better than he was in the previous four years when he was a below-average OT. He is a huge man (6'4", 345) and better in the power game than zone. Spotrac projects his market value at $5.6M/ as compared to MM at $10.7M/yr. So, that makes him cheaper but only because he has nothing close to the same level of play as MM.

Cheaper but has not actually proven to be as good or better than MM?
Originally posted by elguapo:
Colton McKivitz is going to most likely be our right tackle. I was hoping Burford would slide over to right tackle or even Brunskill but either way we are covered when Mike McGlinchey gets offered to much money from another team

Having Burford or Brunskill move out to RT seems like an interesting idea. We could draft a tackle in the mid rounds to develop and save some money in the process.

Yeah I'm thinking this is a possibility with a 1st round pick in 2024 for OT to eventually replace TWilliams in case he retires.

Having Burford or Brunskill move out to RT seems like an interesting idea. We could draft a tackle in the mid rounds to develop and save some money in the process.

Burford time
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:

Cheaper but has not actually proven to be as good or better than MM?
That is the question. In four of his five years, MM has outperformed Eluemunor by a fairly wide margin. Only this past year has JE been above average.

Kyle has said he preferred to keep Burford inside although he was a tackle in college. Brunskill has played outside and done well quite well. He is an option.

The history of drafting mid-round tackles and expecting them to be more than a journeyman is not good. I recently looked at the top 50 OTs according to PFF and only 7 were drafted in the 4th round or lower. So...it is possible.

We might definitely do that but I'm not so sure of a mid round tackle will be good enough. The odds are definitely against it

Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Yeah I'm thinking this is a possibility with a 1st round pick in 2024 for OT to eventually replace TWilliams in case he retires.

The 32nd pick in the first round seems like where we will draft a tackle or a safety in next year's draft

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Burford time

With his long arms and athleticism he could probably do a good job at RT we will see. Brunskill or Poe can battle at RG if that's the case. Even rotate Poe in like we did this year with Burford

We might definitely do that but I'm not so sure of a mid round tackle will be good enough. The odds are definitely against it

Originally posted by hummbabybear:

The 32nd pick in the first round seems like where we will draft a tackle or a safety in next year's draft

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Burford time

With his long arms and athleticism he could probably do a good job at RT we will see. Brunskill or Poe can battle at RG if that's the case. Even rotate Poe in like we did this year with Burford

Just earn us another comp 3rd joe ! Best you could do for us and let's go Colton !
Share 49ersWebzone