There are 217 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Always liked Brunskill as RT

Maybe we get lucky and we get that. In a perfect world Jaylon Moore and Colton McKivitz makes a leap. We will see what happens.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Always liked Brunskill as RT

Maybe we get lucky and we get that. In a perfect world Jaylon Moore and Colton McKivitz makes a leap. We will see what happens.

We have all offseason to contemplate it. That's a long, long time.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Feb 5, 2023 at 1:02 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Patton:
Thank god this guy is gone. I will give him credit for improving this year near the end of the season, but he has been horrible at best during his time in SF.

He has single handedly gotten our QBs hurt. I just hope JL & KS get the brains to build a solid oline with soldi backups for once and hopefully start understanding that free untouched rushers cannot be allowed.

Be careful what you wish for. We have NO ONE behind him with even a modicum of experience.

Of course, there is the other alternative and that is that you are just being sarcastic, not really serious at all.

Overall Mike was far from horrible. Wasn't worth his draft pick, but people in here fail to look across the league and see who they're tossing out at tackle. It's pretty bad overall.

he's a starter in this league and will get paid like one.

Spotrac is saying his current market value is 4 yrs/$43M. It is likely the market will drive his price well above that.

He will be 4 year 50 million

If he gets that, by the time he finishes 2024, and guys like Penei Sewell, Mekti Becton, and AV-T sign their 2nd contracts, it will look like a bargain. Kaleb McGary is also going to reset the market.

There are currently 7 RTs making $11.5M/yr or more. By 2024, there will twice as many. Whether it is here or somewhere else, MM will be one of those.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 5, 2023 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by Patton:
Thank god this guy is gone. I will give him credit for improving this year near the end of the season, but he has been horrible at best during his time in SF.

He has single handedly gotten our QBs hurt. I just hope JL & KS get the brains to build a solid oline with soldi backups for once and hopefully start understanding that free untouched rushers cannot be allowed.

Be careful what you wish for. We have NO ONE behind him with even a modicum of experience.

Of course, there is the other alternative and that is that you are just being sarcastic, not really serious at all.

Overall Mike was far from horrible. Wasn't worth his draft pick, but people in here fail to look across the league and see who they're tossing out at tackle. It's pretty bad overall.

he's a starter in this league and will get paid like one.

Spotrac is saying his current market value is 4 yrs/$43M. It is likely the market will drive his price well above that.

He will be 4 year 50 million

If he gets that, by the time he finishes 2024, and guys like Penei Sewell, Mekti Becton, and AV-T sign their 2nd contracts, it will look like a bargain. Kaleb McGary is also going to reset the market.

There are currently 7 RTs making $11.5M/yr or more. By 2024, there will twice as many. Whether is is here or somewhere else, MM will be one of those.

Ya I can see him getting close to 15 mil a year. I doubt we pay that...
  • thl408
I remember on draft day when the 49ers drafted McG while the Raiders had to "settle" for Kolton Miller, and we laughed at the Raiders for that.
Originally posted by thl408:
I remember on draft day when the 49ers drafted McG while the Raiders had to "settle" for Kolton Miller, and we laughed at the Raiders for that.

Why do you like to hurt people?
  • Koldo
  • Veteran

The infamous coin toss.

If Mike isn't brought back thoughts on Kaleb McGary? Seems to fit that mold Kyle likes at OT.
If Mike isn't brought back thoughts on Kaleb McGary? Seems to fit that mold Kyle likes at OT.

Imo which is biased he's the best Tackle possible hitting Free Agency.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
anyone is betther than this dude

Originally posted by dmax:

I'm no McGlinchey fan but that's a bit extreme
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Imo which is biased he's the best Tackle possible hitting Free Agency.

He is that. Spotrac estimates his market value at 4 years, $71M. $17.7M/yr average. That would make him the 4th highest paid RT in the league.

This was a bit of a typical "contract" year for McGary. His play had been meh until this year. The Falcons declined his 5th year option. McGary came back with his best year ever by far.

He is something of a mirror of McGlinchey skill wise - a VERY good run blocker. PFF ranks him second only to Trent Williams. His PP rating of 66.9 compares to McGlinchey's 65.4. IMO, while he is a better run blocker than McGlinchey, he is no better in PP, hence, not worth the money he will command.
I think we have to keep McG this next yr, but would really like to see us get some more Burford/Banks/Poe like players, and pick up 3-4 OTs in rds 5-7, coach them up and then NEXT yr decide what to do at RT.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I think we have to keep McG this next yr, but would really like to see us get some more Burford/Banks/Poe like players, and pick up 3-4 OTs in rds 5-7, coach them up and then NEXT yr decide what to do at RT.
MM will take the multi year offer than a one-year offer.. we all would

I actually thought about that today. I think Mike is a good player, but boy is that a whiff by us.
Originally posted by dmax:

You gotta watch some other teams.
Share 49ersWebzone